VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of fotos of the before and after of my lens tinting by Mike S. (HMD520). The rear lights were a little dimmer than I would like so I updated the bulbs to the brightest ones I could find. Any one know the numbers of the PIAA replacement bulbs for these?

Either way I'll take a few night time photos to show the lights and post them later. I LOVE the way the front and rear look with the Lens set up. THANKS Mike!

·
Vendor
1,410 Posts

The lites look great. Makes the bike alot sleeker.
You dont loose function of the lites.. It just dims the brightness just a little. You can see them no problem during the day or nite.
Also we offer what i call black cherry tint.. which is not as dark. It looks a little lighter so the red of the lense comes thru a little more.
Enjoy the ride.
Thanks Keith

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I tinted mine as well and really like the results. I did not use tinting material, but rather a clearcoat with black mixed in to give the tinted look.

I was concerned about the functionality of the lights (brightness) so I didn't go super dark for that reason. I think it is one of the best mods you can make to the looks of the bike.

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Radioteacher said:
What did you use? Nightshades? How many coats?
Mike S. (HMD520 - on here) did the tinting, but from the looks of it, a high grade clear coat mixed with a touch of black paint, or black pigment then some clear over it.

He did really nice work. I couldn't be more please with the outcome or the price.

If you have a wife with tiny hands the front is really easy, If not plan on doing any speaker upgrades while your at it cuz you'll need to tear apart the whole front. Actually I believe if I had the right extensions joints and flex extension on a 10mm socket I could have done it as easy as when she helped.

The back is a matter of popping off the tag, a plastic section, and taking out 10-12 screws to get the lower valance and lenses off. Oddly the smallest allen wrench in the Victory tool kit is all you need to remove the back lenses

When I get the PIAA bulbs I'm looking for, I may video tape the removal of the rear and some of the front .

·
Registered
170 Posts
I must say it looks great! It is a real first class job that Mike did for you. I also ride a Black Vision and have been looking to do this myself.

The photos really show the different lines the Vision has when the mod is done.

I was also thinking of doing what Arlen did to his headlight area. He masked off the headlight and used the same process the remove the upper points of the clear.

Ride Safe!

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Darnell said:
Thanks for the info and pictures Keith. I have been in touch with Mike to tint the front lights on my Vision 8-Ball. It is going to look so slick. I like the look of the rear stock lights, for now anyway :)
Darnell
Thanks Darnell. To tell you the truth, if I had a black bike I probably would have gone with what Mike calls Black-Cherry tint. A little brighter illumination, with a hint of contrast to the existing color.

Oddly, I really missed the brightness of the original lights until I saw it at night. Last night I realized that even with the Black-Out level of tint Mike did for my bike, This Bike is still the most visible ride I've ever had!

·
Vendor
1,410 Posts

Just so you can get an idea of what it looks like at nite..sorry about the quality.. I took them in the garage. Still working on the quality pics.

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Radioteacher said:
Since a picture is worth a 1000 words I did a mod to the picture above to describe the headlight tint that I saw on Arlens Vision.

Ride Safe

Thats how sneaky these VogNuts are!! I didn't even see the Teacher near my house,,,tricky, tricky..
I wonder if you used a base coat of silver reflective it would pump up the output of the two headlight bulbs?

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Darnell said:
Thanks again Keith. I will check out the Black Cherry tint as well.
For the rear lights I mean. No way to make the front look as good without the dark tint

·
Registered
17 Posts

Just throwing something out there...I've tinted the tail lights on my vehicles before by using spray tint. It's available at hobby stores for model cars and such. If you can lay down a fair spray paint job, you can tint your lights.

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TheDude said:
Just throwing something out there...I've tinted the tail lights on my vehicles before by using spray tint. It's available at hobby stores for model cars and such. If you can lay down a fair spray paint job, you can tint your lights.
Dude,
I am as handy with a wrench, or torch, or hammer as the next guy, and as thrifty as I can get away with, but I draw the line at finish work.

The Solid oak King size bed I made for my wife in three weekends (all biscuit joints, no visible hardware) took me twice as long to stain and seal because I had to completely sand it back down and start over.

Nope, knuckleheads like me need to step away from the paint and clearcoat!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.