VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of adding an adjustable timing wheel. I have a stage one from the dealer on it and RCX pipes. Just wondering if it is worth the money. TIA

·
Registered
820 Posts
It will help your low end get up and go. I have as do many others. Mostly because ecu tuning wasn't the way to adjust for all of the additions like intakes exhaust cams and so on for that we used things like power commander. But now things like the maximus tuner render the timing wheel obsolete because it flashes you ecu and can move timing forward or back as part of its tuning.

Reactions: wvrider1

·
Registered
820 Posts

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Generally in the past the two best low buck perormance items were the 1/4 turn and the timing wheel.
You're in Florida...Go see KevinX and see what improvements will do for your bike. Looks like you just dipped your toe in mods so the wheel may be just fine for your next venture and then plan on a PCV and a tune in the near future, but if you're willing to throw a little more coin right now then the Maximus and a tune would make the wheel redundant. Just depends on what way you want to take it. Onesey twosey, or one big chunk.

·
Registered
820 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good investment. Short money to purchase. Easy to install. Noticeable performance enhancement. Should be the first thing you do after you buy the bike.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Good investment. Short money to purchase. Easy to install. Noticeable performance enhancement. Should be the first thing you do after you buy the bike.
Back when our bikes were new I would agree. Today,,,Maximus looking pretty good. JMHO

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Still not which way to go. I can find the timing wheel at several different sites but the Maximus seems to be sold out everywhere.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Still not which way to go. I can find the timing wheel at several different sites but the Maximus seems to be sold out everywhere.
Dynotech has their version too. My buddy Troy got it for free as a guinea pig (lucky bastard). He seems to be quite happy with.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Buy it from Kevinx at Southern Motorworx and have him Dyno tune it, only way to fly! He's in High Springs, Fl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.