VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year my oldest son accidentally dropped his bike in the garage, and a scratch appeared on the front fender of my KP. Fortunately, when I had it painted a couple of years ago, the colors I selected were from the 2005 Honda line up, and I was able to get a touch up kit from the local Honda dealer. Definitely wasn't great, but it covered the scratch enough that you wouldn't notice with a casual glance (I saw the stupid thing every time I saw the bike). Well, this weekend, my wife and I finally got around to organizing the new garage since we moved in August. We had been waiting to take some things to our new work location, and that finally happened last week. While I was taking my son to a school function yesterday, my wife decided to move a few things on the side of the garage in which my bike was resting. I had already been contemplating a new paint job, because the last one wasn't top notch, and I was ready for something new. Looks like my hand is forced now. Can't use a touch up kit to fix this (at least I can't). Now to decide on a new theme......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
PM me for color that's FASTEST! :rofl2::rofl2::dance:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking of something along these lines.

Reactions: FredE

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: tree1979

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...time for a new wife...

JK, of course.
Definitely a keeper. Let me know as soon as I got home, and hasn't batted an eye as I've talked to a painter about painting the whole bike.

• Winner
Reactions: mister-g

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Best of luck, @tree1979 . I will certainly be interested to know how things turn out.

Reactions: tree1979

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
HEMI, 426 w/dual 4bbls.
"With a 4-barrel carb and a dual exhaust,
With 4.11 gears you can really get lost.
It's got safety tubes, but I ain't scared.
The brakes are good, tires fair.... "
HA! I don't know why but that song just popped into my head when I saw your post! :badgrin:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go all out and get it air brushed. This guy is inexpensive and does great work.
Thanks. I'm not really into the air brush style. And while I don't plan on selling anytime soon, I know that the more custom I go, the harder it will be to sell later. What I have in mind should work for a lot of people.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
If you want, I can send you a selfie, airbrush me on the tank then when you are ready to sell I'll be famous and you can get a lot more from it. That's a return on investment you can not really count on, but it's a neat idea.

• Haha
Reactions: Syce and tree1979

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you want, I can send you a selfie, airbrush me on the tank then when you are ready to sell I'll be famous and you can get a lot more from it. That's a return on investment you can not really count on, but it's a neat idea.
If I had to ride around looking at most of the ugly mugs I've seen on this forum, I'd probably end up riding off a cliff on purpose before too long.

As an update, got a couple of recommendations for a guy about two hours from me. Initial quote was very reasonable, and he happens to be in my area today visiting in-laws. Should be meeting up in about an hour to go over the bike and what I want done. Seems that timing is working in my favor.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The most interesting paint job I've ever seen was on a VTX that I saw while in Marysville, OH. It was painted to look like multicolored streamers all down the bike, intertwined. It was colorful and beautiful; it gave the illusion of moving while it was sitting still.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice work. I met with a guy yesterday, and have it set up for the week before thanksgiving. He's jut outside if Akron. May be putting the bike in the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Cleveland in January, too.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Do you get any ribbing from the locals, considering the community strength of HD?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.