VOG Forum banner

time for a battery...what do you use?

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  zebber 
#1 ·
so it is time for a new battery. in my dl1000 vstrom i have the motobatt, but what do you all use?

#2 ·
Over the years I have had the best service out of Yuasa batteries.

Reactions: 3rdElement
#4 ·
Yuasa or Interstate

#8 ·
I’ve always had good luck with Yuasa. I just changed the stock battery last weekend tho. Lasted 2 years, but that was entirely my own fault. I ran it down too low when I was tuning my amp... several times due to all the problems I had with the amp. I knew it was getting weak, not holding a charge as long as it should, so I was keeping it on the tender until about two weeks or so before it finally died. Left it off the tender after the last ride. It was done after that. I’m not sure if it was dead at the dealership when I bought a leftover 2016, or if they had just added the acid to a new battery and were doing the initial charge, but it was on the charger when I went to pick my bike up at the dealership after I purchased it. Anyway, I replaced the stock Yuasa with an interstate, mainly due to convenience. Local shop had them in stock and I didn’t want to wait the better part of a week if I ordered the Yuasa online. Had good luck with Interstate batteries in the past too. Those are my 2 “go to” battery brands.

Reactions: 3rdElement
#9 ·
I've had a Shido lithium battery for a year. It is light and has been deep discharged before. That was no problem. So far I am very satisfied, also have 5 years warranty.

#12 ·
thank you all. seems clear. amazon order time.

Reactions: lou8700
#13 ·
I bought an AGM Duracell from Batteries/ Bulbs store. Love to dual mounts on each terminal. Price was great around $110 and a 2 yr non conditional warranty.

Reactions: Flyboy
#18 ·
My original Yuasa lasted 8 years. If it can last 8 years I'm going to buy another Yuasa
Most likely a bad thing but I still have the original battery in my 06 Vegas. It is always on a trickle charger over the winter and just won't die. My bike even starts on 30 degree mornings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.