Thunder Monster Baffles | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Thunder Monster Baffles

Discussion in 'Victory Hammer' started by Hsns, May 26, 2015.

1. Hsns

Hsns Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2006 Hammer
    Hi all. I have been trying to do some research on installing different baffles in my exhaust but, unfortunately, the sound of an exhaust is so subjective and YouTube videos are hard to use to make good comparisons. I'm hoping someone here will have made the same mods and can offer a direct comparison.

I have had my 2006 Hammer for a little over a year and absolutely love it. I bought it with the Stage 1 Victory Performance Shotgun pipes on it. I am looking to get a deeper and louder exhaust note. I am considering the Big City Thunder Monster baffles. Also how do the QQ Thunder Monsters compare in volume to the stock baffles in my pipes now. I don't want to loose any power I currently have but breaking even or a slight gain would be great. If you do have a set of these, how deep did you install them, Stock holes at the tip or deeper in? Any input is greatly appreciated, Thank you.

2. Kronker

Kronker Active Member

2013 Highball
    I had the QQ baffles on my first Highball, and they were terrific. They instructed me to drill a new hole about 7 inches up from the original baffle hole, and mount them there. I removed the rear portion of each pipe, and knocked the stock baffles out from the front with a 1-inch diameter steel rod I had laying around. Please understand that the largest diameter QQ, the QBL-2125, was 0.5 inches smaller than the inside of my pipes, which were 2.625 inches. They told me to use them anyway, as they will still manage the exhaust waves as if they fit the entire diameter. They were correct - they sounded awesome! Nice deep rumble with no flappy or raspy tin problems. And I had a little better throttle response. At $129, they are pricey, but they were worth it.

3. Kronker

Kronker Active Member

2013 Highball
    See if this video helps:

4. MRMAXX

MRMAXX Well-Known Member

Are you talking about these...

20140125_102923.jpg 20140125_103026.jpg

5. uniquename

uniquename Active Member

Hammer 8 ball and 2013 Corey Ness CCT
    Funny, I have a 2012 hammer new to me....shotgun pipes with no baffles. I am putting TM baffles in when I figure out how. I am hoping to tone down the noise.

6. Windsorhammer

Windsorhammer New Member

2010 Victory Hammer 8 ball
    I recently installed Thunder Monsters on my 2010 Hammer with Vic swept exhaust. The baffles were taken out at end of last riding season and loved the increased sound but disliked the power loss and the loudness when decelerating....even though i did not follow instruction 100%, seemed like too much involved in removing the exhaust to drill holes further down the pipes, the sound is fantastic. It is just as loud but much more toned down and definetly got some power back. Installed the baffles in the existing holes from the stock holes which were about 5" from the tip. At least 6'' is recommended.
    Over all its a great product, they work awesome and cost is a bit high but when taking into consideration the cost of most mods for these bikes, it will not break the bank.
    Get them!! you will be happy you did.

7. MRMAXX

MRMAXX Well-Known Member

8. Windsorhammer

Windsorhammer New Member

2010 Victory Hammer 8 ball
    Very similar but they dont have the mesh cones...

Attached Files:

9. Hsns

Hsns Active Member

2006 Hammer
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I have been debating between the 2 products they offer, the original Windsorhammer has and the QQ MRMAXX has. Do you know how the QQ compare to the stock baffles in volume? I might pull my baffles briefly and give it a shot if the originals offer a similar volume with the lower tone.