VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Cross Roads seems to have lost the throttle return spring. It operates smoothly but does not close on it's own. I have searched parts diagrams for the part but to date have been unsuccessful. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Is it the return spring on the throttle body, or has the cable snapped? Don't think you can buy just the return spring from Polaris. Not shown on their parts diagram.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've heard the same thing Lou said. Also, check your service manual. I had a similar issue that was fixed by lubing the cable. I don't think with the newer bikes you're supposed to lube your cables though.

·
Registered
865 Posts
For the older steel frames, internal lube was recommend by the service manual. I knew the newer steel frames and aluminum frames were different but I haven't ever looked at those manuals.
Just going by what the manual says. (XC) One can do what they wish.
View attachment 513961

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Mines done that since I went with the 1/4 turn.
Very smooth, but stays put where you leave it.
After you get over the fear and set some rules for yourself it's the best thing ever.
No more cruise control throttling on in a wet curve!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mines done that since I went with the 1/4 turn.
Very smooth, but stays put where you leave it.
After you get over the fear and set some rules for yourself it's the best thing ever.
No more cruise control throttling on in a wet curve!
Mine did the same thing after the 1/4 install. Freaked me out the first time I noticed it, now I use it to my advantage, makes for a nice throttle hold if I need to stretch my hand/arm.

• Winner
Reactions: primethious
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.