Throttle locks install | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Throttle locks install

Discussion in 'Victory Judge' started by hunter3203, Jul 18, 2016.

1. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory Judge
    One of the changes I've been wanting to make is to install a throttle lock on my Judge. I've had one in the past on other bikes and got used to having true cruise control on my recently sold Street Glide. I did some research and decided to try the Kaoko cruise control, $100 from Twisted Throttle. It mounts on the bar end and uses a reverse threaded bolt to apply friction to the end of the grip. The idea is that you slide your hand over slightly and grip the bolt while you're apply throttle. You do still have the ability to make adjustments to throttle position, it's just stiff. It's also fairly easy to roll off the throttle since you're simultaneously loosening the bolt. I tried it for a week or so and decided that I just wasn't comfortable with the way it works. I use such a device fairly often and probably in circumstances that others might not. I've got some arthritis and need to flex my hand fairly often. So the Kaoko may work quite well for others.

I ended up buying the Brake Away throttle lock. It's a fair bit more expensive at $180 but is easier to use and has an automatic disconnect activated by the brake lever. It's made out of machined aluminum and is definitely a quality piece of gear. It goes on quite easily but does take some fiddling to make sure the throttle isn't binding and returns easily when not engaged. Like the Kaoko, you can make throttle adjustments when it's engaged as well but the thumb operated release lever is easier to use and of course the brake disconnect is very comforting. I'm attaching a link to pics of it installed.

Album: Brake Away Cruise Control

• Like Like x 1
  2. 009Tazman64

009Tazman64 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory Judge
    I installed the brake-away as well and love it!