VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing with the headlight and for some reason my throttle push cable decided to start binding. Anyone else have this issue? It's not binding on either end. Took the gas tank off and took apart the throttle to check. Is my only option replacement? Is it really bad to run without a push cable?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did you check to see if there is nothing that is resting on the throttle plate? I had the same issue one day and found out that my clutch cable was sitting on top of my throttle plate and once I ziptied the clutch to the frame away from the throttle plate, it started working smoothly.

Also make sure that your throttle cable is routed smoothly as possible without any sharp curve, rearrange it to get the most curve from it.

If all the above doesn't help, then readjust the throttle cable at the hand controls ends. There is two adjustments. One for pull and one for push. Need to adjust them that you can move them smoothly with some play.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check to see if there is nothing that is resting on the throttle plate? I had the same issue one day and found out that my clutch cable was sitting on top of my throttle plate and once I ziptied the clutch to the frame away from the throttle plate, it started working smoothly.

Also make sure that your throttle cable is routed smoothly as possible without any sharp curve, rearrange it to get the most curve from it.

If all the above doesn't help, then readjust the throttle cable at the hand controls ends. There is two adjustments. One for pull and one for push. Need to adjust them that you can move them smoothly with some play.
Yup, checked the throttle plate, nothing on the throttle plate. Throttle cable has no sharp curves either, saw the whole run of cable. I'll see if adjusting at the hand controls helps. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.