VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my bike lifted yesterday on my new J&S lift to change the pad on the kickstand and noticed there is a threaded hole (with no bolt) just to the left of the oil filter. It is above the oil drain plug which is around to the left, adjacent. What is the threaded hole for? I'm not losing oil. I've got a 2013 Vision.

Is it a place to "hold" the drain plug when changing the oil or should there be a bolt there?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine has the same hole. I've often wonder why it's there.

I originally thought something fell off as the hole is pristine. I understand they all have the same hole.

Someone with any knowledge out there?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Factory tooling bolts there, it's not the only threaded hole on the engine that'a empty.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
They bolt tooling to the engine so they can be moved and set into the frame on the production line with tools and hoists.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
maybe it's for mounting the California Emissions "this product is known by the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects" canister.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Lower bolt hole for the flux capacitor mounting bracket.

• Haha
Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Reactions: Chopperbob
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.