VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on replacing my fuel pump this weekend. I have been able to find most answers to my questions by searching. But one bit of information I can't find, is what size screw or threaded rod am I going to need , to pull the large plug, on the bottom of the tank, to get to the fuel pump. I have an 08 Hammer, if that matters.
I just want to have everything I need before I start. I don't have many long metric screws laying around, so I will need to buy a few.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I remember making my tank plug puller out of 8 x 1.25 mm all thread. I still have it kicking around the shop somewhere from working on my 03 TCD. Be sure to have the new O rings ready, you won't be able to re-use the old ones.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Here's a photo of my home made Victory specialty tool-I have a crate full of them.
It is 8mm x 1.25mm threads. The bracket is made of 2" x 3/16" aluminum strap 11" long, 6" wide with 2 1/2" legs. I remember now: no metric all-thread available, used two long bolts & a rod coupler from Ace Hardware. Works like a champ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember making my tank plug puller out of 8 x 1.25 mm all thread. I still have it kicking around the shop somewhere from working on my 03 TCD. Be sure to have the new O rings ready, you won't be able to re-use the old ones.
Thanks, this is just what I needed. Already have the O rings. Just couldn't find where I wrote down the size, or the thread I found it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.