VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Laconia Bike Week for Monday-Wednesday (had to work around work schedules). Couple guys from work and a couple buddy's went up, along with a couple of our significant others.

Started out in eastern CT, rode up, ate at the Tilton diner, kept going north, did the Kanc, then made it back to our AirBNB in Guilford (which was beautiful!) 305 miles for the day, and I must say my old lady (24... not so old?) appreciated my switch to a Magnum from my Vegas. Between horses and the epidural during our kids birth her back didn't like the Vegas, but no sore backs or asses for either of us this time! Enjoyed the weekend, saw some bike things and stuff. Took my friends Indian Roadmaster that has pipes cams and a tune for a ride and while it rode awesome and was smooth as silk, it felt small compared to my Magnum and didn't have the power I expected the 111 would. Also test rode a Road King with the 107... looks nice, handles okay, felt like it was sized for a toddler and vibrates at idle and decel so much I thought it was going to fall apart.

Had a good weekend, ended up with about 750 miles on the ol girl for the three days. Spent quite a bit of time at the house just enjoying being out of terrible Connecticut child-free for a couple days. Complimentary picture from Weirs, my boss's '13 Hardball left and my '16 Magnum front and center.

View attachment 488189

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
nice rides you have there ! mother nature has been kind to us the last couple weeks for Americade and Laconia. my memorable moment award for me goes to test riding those 100 HP scouts,,, holy sh!t !!! staff tells me the bike comes alive after 4500 rpm so keep the gears low and the rpms high if you want to fly,,, red lines somewhere up around 8. just wow,,, i'm no cowboy but i believe that's the quickest bike i have ever ridden. never been a rice rocket guy, if i was i'd be dead by now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.