VOG Forum banner
39861 - 39880 of 39920 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,190 Posts
i have a friend that has either 52 or 56 civil war era cannons. yes, he is a big civil war reenactor. when one of those babies go off with a full battle charge[powder] man does it bellow and jump! truly is something to see and hear.
That is impossible. Joes says you can't own such things. 🤣

· Registered
9,779 Posts
I have a replica brass barrel cannon about 18 inches with a .75 bore on a two wheel cast iron frame. Uses pyrodex or black powder and has a touch hole or can use fuse. Even that little thing is very noisy and pretty spectacular.

· Registered
4,503 Posts

· Registered
9,779 Posts
I miss playing with the Black Powder weapons. Back in the early 80's had a neighbor who had a pair of .54 Hawkins. We would go to the back of the subdivision (which was only about 10% developed) and shoot in a long straight bayou which at the bend had a sand bank built up. It was perfect as we were below ground level and away from any housing. I had, and still have an army Remington .44 cap and ball. Also, we had some modern firearms. On a couple of occasions a deputy would come to see what we were doing, and then join us, firing our weapons as well as his own. You can't do that today. Shame.

· Registered
9,779 Posts
During the last little cold snap we had I went ahead and drained the pipes and turned off the water. Before doing that, we filled the tubs with water for flushing and whatever. In the master, we have a large garden tub which never gets used so the cats sleep in it from time to time. Well the little one, not realizing that we had filled it, jumped right over into the tub. The look and what happened next was priceless. Wife got on me, but I had to laugh, and didn't stop laughing. She made me take it outside. I'm sorry, but a very surprised, suddenly wet cat is hilarious.

· Registered
2,659 Posts
During the last little cold snap we had I went ahead and drained the pipes and turned off the water. Before doing that, we filled the tubs with water for flushing and whatever. In the master, we have a large garden tub which never gets used so the cats sleep in it from time to time. Well the little one, not realizing that we had filled it, jumped right over into the tub. The look and what happened next was priceless. Wife got on me, but I had to laugh, and didn't stop laughing. She made me take it outside. I'm sorry, but a very surprised, suddenly wet cat is hilarious.
yeah, they dont like water, except to drink. not in the least little bit. although i have seen pics of them swimming.

39861 - 39880 of 39920 Posts