VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think anyone on the VOG who has an EBay account needs to email this seller. They are selling a Vegas and listing it as a Hammer. I realize mistakes can be made but someone else even questions them on it and they still says it's a Hammer. They post the question and their response saying, we verified it, this is a Hammer. So I figure the more people that email them, they will probably get their act together and change their post.
I'm wondering if it's a stolen bike & someone switched tags?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vict...6684927?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item4cf28a9cff

·
Registered
834 Posts

Oddly enough though if you run the VIN pictured it comes up as belonging toa Hammer?
http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vinDecoder.asp
2006 VICTORY

HAMMER

VIN:
5VPGB26D463000221
World region:
North America
Manufactured in:
USA
Year:
Make:
Victory
Model:
HAMMER
Body style:
Road / Street
Drive type:
RWD
Cylinders:
2 Cylinders

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

That's kind of why I was wondering if it's stolen? I'm definitely not an expert on Vicsso I'm wondering if the Hammer and the Vegas have the same base frame?

·
Registered
834 Posts

According to the Victory service manual the 4th letter in the VING=Vegas.

A = 8-Ball
C = Kingpin
D = Ness Kingpin (05)
E = Ness Vegas (05)
G = Vegas
H = Hammer
N = Ness Vegas (04)
S = Victory Vision

X = Jackpot​

B = NSS Vegas Jackpot

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I just sent a message on this issue as this is clearly a deceptive advertisement. I could care less what the VIN decoder says, mistakes can be made.....Hell, MY BIKE CAME WITH 2 VIN NUMBERS ON IT!!!!!!!

Any "Dealer" with a 3rd grade education could do a web search in 5 minutes and realize this is a Vegas. NO ONE, and I mean no one would buy a Hammer and then change the front end, remove the dual front brakes, remove the tach, change out the rear tire for the smaller Vegas tread.....I told the guy this is absolute fraud on their part. He has now been warned 3 times. Wonder if he'll fix it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Sounds fishy. Show me the Carfax? Dam, it doesn't work on bikes.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I emailed them again! Trying to explain that I'm just trying to help them save what looks like a good reputation on EBay. This is why I brought it to the VOG hoping that some of you (as you already have) would try to convey the same thing to them. I'd hate to see a bike shop lose some respect all because of a VIN# error.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Or maybe it is a Hammer but not the actual photo of the bike?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

randysfishing said:
looks like bidding ended
yep, I recieved this from the seller on ebay.
Dear blininger1,

Thanks for your help, as you can see we ended the listing and corrected it. Not sure why the vin decoder said it was a Hammer. Again thanks

- tns1234

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts
Nessie044 said:
Yeah, there's definitely a mystery here. Like bobbyg posted, the motoverse VIN checker comes up with a 2006 Hammer when you run the number. Clearly a mistake since the bike being pictured is obviously a Vegas. Was it originally a Hammer that was crashed and for some unknown reason put back together as a Vegas?
Has anyone else run their VIN through the motoverse finder?
You know, that's probably what happened back in th late 70s when my buddy Mike and I drove a legally registered Mustang that oddly had a dodge polaris VIN,,,,,like his brothers Dodge Polaris,,,,hmm,,,maybe it was just a little typo like the ebay dealer is having,,,

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts
Nessie044 said:
Has anyone else run their VIN through the motoverse finder?
Karma keeps coming back to get me!!!! Honest to god, the only thing I changed in this data below is I xxx:ed out some of my VIN because some of these,,,,, well,,,,OK,,I'll say it,,,Canadians!!,,,,,,now that the exchange rate is up they're getting a little frisky,,,,,I'm just sayin'!!!
Psych,,,Look what the Vin Look up calls my Bike:
1980 VICTORY

VISION TOURING ABS

VIN:5VPSWxxDxxxx0
World region:North America
Manufactured in:USA
Year:1980
Make:Victory
Model:VISION TOURING ABS
Body style:Road / Street
Drive type:RWD
Cylinders:2 Cylinders

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts
redpin04 said:
wow a 1980 that's a real collector item there.
Yes it is!

Once the Maryland MVA gave me a Title and registration with the wrong VIN#. When I went in to show them my copy of the form and ask why it wasn't the same as what I had given them, they said,"you must have written it down wrong on the form!"

Yes, me, and the car dealer I bought it from, and the inspection mechanic, all of us got it wrong, thank god for tiny littlebureaucrats!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Just for giggles I ran a unit inquiery on the bike, and it cames back as a 06 Vegas black with stripe. Kinda cool looking at the bike though as it has parts from a couple bikes on it. The rear fender and side covers look to be from a Solar Red 05 Vegas, and the tank with front fender are from an 07 Jackpot Red Extreme

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
kevinx01 said:
Just for giggles I ran a unit inquiery on the bike, and it cames back as a 06 Vegas black with stripe. Kinda cool looking at the bike though as it has parts from a couple bikes on it. The rear fender and side covers look to be from a Solar Red 05 Vegas, and the tank with front fender are from an 07 Jackpot Red Extreme
Could this bike be the definition of Caveat Emptor?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Andy said:
No kidding!
And by the way Andy, that's not nice. I had to look that up on the internet before I could reply. That took time away from the VOG. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
BLININGER said:
Andy said:
No kidding!
And by the way Andy, that's not nice. I had to look that up on the internet before I could reply. That took time away from the VOG. LOL
The VOG: The edyoucatshunal educatshional edewkashunal aw crap, the Learning Channel.

Back to reality...

That was a great find you had on eBay. While the vast majority of ads on that site are legitimate and offered in good faith, sometimes a bike can innocently slip through the cracks and offered by a seller who may have taken it in on trade and now attempting to sell it without knowing much about it.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
kevinx01 said:
Hmmmmm, can we say parted out bike? Possibly from a minor accident. I'm positive that the dealer just had no idea what they have, but this is a perfect example of doing a little homework.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
BLININGER said:
I think anyone on the VOG who has an EBay account needs to email this seller. They are selling a Vegas and listing it as a Hammer. I realize mistakes can be made but someone else even questions them on it and they still says it's a Hammer. They post the question and their response saying, we verified it, this is a Hammer. So I figure the more people that email them, they will probably get their act together and change their post.
I'm wondering if it's a stolen bike & someone switched tags?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vict...6684927?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item4cf28a9cff
It looks like this "Hammer" has now been re-listed on Ebay as a Vegas: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330487325417

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.