VOG Forum banner

This is just wrong!

2660 Views 16 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  BLININGER
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,664 Posts

I hate to be a hard azz here but I don't feel sorry for him either.
He came across as someone who uses the system. Let everyone else pay for maintaining it and keeping it running, I'll only pay for it when/if I need it, my money is more important to me than yours is to you. That's not fair to the rest. He even says that he still expected them to put it out even though he knew he didn't pay. Didn't he ever read the story of the grasshopper and the ant as a kid? Plan ahead.
You get what you pay for; he paid for nothing so he got nothing (and ended up with even less). But hey, he should have an extra $75 in his pocket.
And in the end it's not even about the money. It's about the principle of the situation and setting a standard. Phoenix9 is dead on; if they would have put out that fire then NO ONE would ever pay again unless they needed it right then and there.

· Registered
1,664 Posts

dsjr70 said:
What we do in my area is lien your house then after a certain amount of time they auction it off.
I like this as an option. I think the person(s) should also have to pay back with interest the community for all of the years that they lived there and skipped out on paying for the service. That I could live with.

I've been around a lot of people who purposely use and abuse the system and I can't stand it. There are tons of people out there who can't afford services and things like this and I understand that but that's not how this guy came across to me. He came out and said he didn't pay but still expected service and when they did come out he said he had the money to pay for the service and any other expenses. This isn't a case of someone who couldn't afford it. So to me he was blatantly ignoring the community so I don't fell bad for them ignoring him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.