VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Vision forum too, but decided to put it in the XC area just in case I get "the other side's" opinions. (Although, you all do read EVERY post on thevog.net- right?)

Anyway-

After doing the demo rides last weekend at Mom's South in Massachusetts, i've been giving serious thought to selling my 2010 XC and picking up a 2010 Vision...

Anyone have any thoughts- good or bad?

I love my XC but think I might like the extra comfort of the Vision more- but i'm also afraid of missing "Jenny" once she's gone- grass is always greener on the other side, etc. etc....

(If anyone is in the NH area and looking for a slightly used XC 6k miles, extended factory warranty, stage 1, factory tall and short windshields- feel free to contact me!)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Funny... I had the same feeling after visiting M.O.M.'s today to return parts I bought during the open house. Especially after hearing of the "up to 5,000.00 off" Victory is offering now... But.........now that the excitment has diminished I think I'll keep the X-Country...

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
as I said earlier you can't do wrong with either bike. Both bikes have their strengths and weakness'. I think you'd take such a beating on re-sale though so maybe wait a season or two.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had the same feeling Friday. The Victory truck was here Friday and Saturday and I rode most of the bikes there, but I rode the Vision Premium Tour and the Vision 8 Ball twice each. I think the 8 Ball was too easy to grind the lower parts off in the corners, but I really liked the Premium Tour. I will have to think long and hard about it, though. I really think the hit would be substantial and I do like my XC. You definitely need the lowers with the Vision. The Premium Tour had them and the 8 Ball didn't. There was quite a difference between the two when it came it issues of heat.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Aint it just a "*****!" Those semi Victory test rides sure get their hooks into you. They did the same to me when I was @ the Laughlin River Run. I was scheming & plotting how I could get a new bike. Luckily - I kicked it around a few days & cooled off a bit. The funny part is - 3 months later & I still want that new bike!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

zork52 said:
I think Victory bags for a Jackpot are bigger than the Vision. It's a sin.
The Vision is not about the bags, its about the bike. Let me know what ya can't carry on a Vision for 7 days?....and I'll explain how to pack it or why you don't need it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

zork52 said:
Never an issue with me. I think the bags hold more than you think. The right bag will hold 1 case (24 cans) of beer.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
SofaKingBlue said:
bubba said:
zork52 said:
Never an issue with me. I think the bags hold more than you think. The right bag will hold 1 case (24 cans) of beer.
Manufactures should list capacity in a unit of measure that makes sense: Beers
:) LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SofaKingBlue said:
bubba said:
zork52 said:

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
APHATMOUSE said:
SofaKingBlue said:
bubba said:
zork52 said:
Those bags a HUGE!!! Much bigger than the VV. My point is that the Vision is not as small as on my think!

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
I have heard this conversation more than once about comfort on the CC vs. the Vision.

I ride my KP all day several hundred miles without issues. I am assuming there is something very wrong with the CC ride or the seat or something. ???

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with the XC, but I like new bikes. I have stated before, I have never had a bike I wouldn't trade in for another that caught my eye. I looked at a Road Glide CVO today. I really liked it. I never thought I would consider a Harley, but I am considering it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I think the X bikes ride great, the Vision just rides better.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
bubba said:
I think the X bikes ride great, the Vision just rides better.
Actually, they "ride" almost identically as they should considering underneath they are basically the same bike.

The only significant difference is wind management and for long distance touring the superior wind management of the VV wins out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mjw930 said:
Actually, they "ride" almost identically as they should considering underneath they are basically the same bike.

The only significant difference is wind management and for long distance touring the superior wind management of the VV wins out.
My 2 cents=

The cross country I really feel the rake. You lean a lot more for corners and maneuvers etc and the bike instantly has a sporty/ricky racer feel to it.

The vision doesn' have the raked leaning feeling that I get on the xc- yes, it will certainly lean over if I push it, but I don't feel like it is the default feeling like on it is on the xc. The vision also seems to go where I tell it to go easier the the xc- again because of the less leaning is my theory....

The postures on the two bikes are completely different- and it's why I think the vision will be more comfortable on the long days- the vision is more of a seated upright position and the cross country is more like being on a recliner.

I enjoy the recliner position on the XC- my natural riding posture is to have my feet out in front of me- but the Vision puts me more upright but also with the added benefit of the giant floorboards so I can stretch out in front as much as I want to.

I feel the weight of the vision more, but any of the lowered ones I have sat on the weight is no longer an issue. Of course once moving the weight is gone completely.

Bike comfort is so personal and individual that there will never be a single "most comfortable" bike for every single person.... it's why some hardy souls can ride a hard tail cross country and back- while I would sob like a little girl.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
bubba said:

Those bags a HUGE!!! Much bigger than the VV. My point is that the Vision is not as small as on my think!
And there's still room for a bag of cheetos and a couple of burritos from taco bell.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Interesting observation on seating position since mine are exactly the opposite. I find the Vision to have a more relaxed riding position, mostly because the bars are 2" further back. The seat location relative to the floorboards is pretty much identical between the VV and XC but with the 2" further reach to the bars it forces a more upright position.

Like you said, everyone fits the bikes differently.

As for the cornering, the lower CG on the cross bikes makes it easier to lean so the feelling is the bike falls into the turn more. For me the Cross bikes are more nimble, if a 750+ lb bike can ever be called nimble ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.