Thinking of selling my XC for a Vision | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Thinking of selling my XC for a Vision

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by APHATMOUSE, Aug 19, 2010.

1. APHATMOUSE

APHATMOUSE New Member

I posted this in the Vision forum too, but decided to put it in the XC area just in case I get "the other side's" opinions. (Although, you all do read EVERY post on thevog.net- right?)

Anyway-

After doing the demo rides last weekend at Mom's South in Massachusetts, i've been giving serious thought to selling my 2010 XC and picking up a 2010 Vision...

Anyone have any thoughts- good or bad?

I love my XC but think I might like the extra comfort of the Vision more- but i'm also afraid of missing "Jenny" once she's gone- grass is always greener on the other side, etc. etc....

(If anyone is in the NH area and looking for a slightly used XC 6k miles, extended factory warranty, stage 1, factory tall and short windshields- feel free to contact me!)

2. classic

classic Member

Funny... I had the same feeling after visiting M.O.M.'s today to return parts I bought during the open house. Especially after hearing of the "up to 5,000.00 off" Victory is offering now... But.........now that the excitment has diminished I think I'll keep the X-Country...

3. Gossamer

Gossamer Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Cross Country Tour
    as I said earlier you can't do wrong with either bike. Both bikes have their strengths and weakness'. I think you'd take such a beating on re-sale though so maybe wait a season or two.

4. elooker

elooker New Member

2009 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2010 Aprilia Dorsoduro, 2011 Triumph Speed Triple, 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I had the same feeling Friday. The Victory truck was here Friday and Saturday and I rode most of the bikes there, but I rode the Vision Premium Tour and the Vision 8 Ball twice each. I think the 8 Ball was too easy to grind the lower parts off in the corners, but I really liked the Premium Tour. I will have to think long and hard about it, though. I really think the hit would be substantial and I do like my XC. You definitely need the lowers with the Vision. The Premium Tour had them and the 8 Ball didn't. There was quite a difference between the two when it came it issues of heat.

5. ddawg

ddawg New Member

2008 Kingpin, 2010 Street Glide
    Aint it just a "*****!" Those semi Victory test rides sure get their hooks into you. They did the same to me when I was @ the Laughlin River Run. I was scheming & plotting how I could get a new bike. Luckily - I kicked it around a few days & cooled off a bit. The funny part is - 3 months later & I still want that new bike!!! LOL!!!

6. zork52

zork52 New Member

I think Victory bags for a Jackpot are bigger than the Vision. It's a sin.

7. phoenix9

phoenix9 Well-Known Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001

The Vision is not about the bags, its about the bike. Let me know what ya can't carry on a Vision for 7 days?....and I'll explain how to pack it or why you don't need it.

8. bubba

bubba Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin

Never an issue with me. I think the bags hold more than you think. The right bag will hold 1 case (24 cans) of beer.

9. SofaKingBlue

SofaKingBlue Member

'04 Touring Cruiser; '08 Jackpot
    Manufactures should list capacity in a unit of measure that makes sense: Beers

10. bubba

bubba Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    :) LOL

11. APHATMOUSE

APHATMOUSE New Member

[​IMG]

12. bubba

bubba Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    Those bags a HUGE!!! Much bigger than the VV. My point is that the Vision is not as small as on my think!

13. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    I have heard this conversation more than once about comfort on the CC vs. the Vision.

I ride my KP all day several hundred miles without issues. I am assuming there is something very wrong with the CC ride or the seat or something. ???

14. elooker

elooker New Member

2009 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2010 Aprilia Dorsoduro, 2011 Triumph Speed Triple, 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the XC, but I like new bikes. I have stated before, I have never had a bike I wouldn't trade in for another that caught my eye. I looked at a Road Glide CVO today. I really liked it. I never thought I would consider a Harley, but I am considering it.

15. Hobb

Hobb New Member

The vision can hold beer... But the XC can hold beer AND ice, so it's cold when you get there! Priorities, people!