Thinking of buying 07 vegas | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Thinking of buying 07 vegas

Discussion in 'Victory Vegas' started by shockhappens, May 9, 2021.

1. shockhappens

shockhappens Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Corry Ness Cross country 117
    Anything i would need to be looking for or be aware of on the 07 Vegas, ive got an XC so dont know much about the Vegas, are there parts and aftermarket stuff for these still?

2. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    Rubber! Check all the Rubber bits , IAC hoses, throttle body boot, throttle body caps, tires, handlebar bushings and sidecover grommets.

Accessories will take some digging on your part and you'll likely pay low volume premium prices.

Make sure the tires are fresh too. Put a good radial on the rear and a 90/90 21 on the front and it's a fun little bike.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    Don't own a steel frame either, can only regurgitate the basics on all the rubber bits. Since you own a nice 2up bike, should make a fun solo. Between Ebay and FB, you can find most anything you would want. As I understand them, the 07 has the better 100 ci motor, in 08 they made them more EPA compliant.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    As stated above and look inside the gas tank for the lining peeling, was it stored inside, does it have it’s maintenance history, any extra goodies already installed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. normthenomad

normthenomad Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin,sold. 2006 Hammer, 2007 Hammer, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    '06 and '07 are my favorite years, the KP my favorite model. The only part I've had any problem finding is a speedometer sensor.
    Been riding almost 60 years. Victorys just don't have anywhere near the mechanical issues of the other bikes I've had.
    That being said I'm hooked on Victorys and tube frame Buells. Both are incredible motorcycles that are way undervalued and both were killed off by there parent companies bean counters.
    Really like the steel frame bikes although I'm starting to think about a de-trunked Vision now that I'm getting older.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wombat Ranger

Wombat Ranger New Member

None, it's raining, and I am on the computer
    ^^Yo I have a real nice Tube frame Buell I'd trade you for a Victory.

OP if you turn your own wrench and can use ebay there's not one reason not to buy an 07 Vegas. I bought my 06 with 20k miles in 2016 and last weekend it shows 56600 or so, bike has been nothing but good to me. Only issue I have had is the low fuel light has broken loose twice on me on the tank. Not a big deal.

• Like Like x 2