1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry but I can't offer much. I'm about 5'8"...really a novice in terms of motorcycle knowledge. Would be interested in seeing the finished product if you change out though...

·
Registered
631 Posts
You might contact VicBaggers (https://www.vicbaggers.com/). They have some nice bars and they will customize them for you if you want. They should be able to answer your questions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any progress? I’m looking at upgrading my X1 stealth bars to the same 1.5” Phatt monkeys from FMB. Just trying to decide if I want the cables ran internally or not.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bought a pair of apes off eBay. 100$ straight from China. 12.5' height. Stock brake line is tight. The rest is fine. View attachment 517949
You don't happen to have a link to those do you? I use to have it and now I can't find them at all!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have the Phatty Phat 12" bars on my Gunner and I'm 6'1". Had the bars for a few years now and I still love them. My passenger is kinda pushing me a bit forward sitting there for the picture but when riding my arms have a slight bend to them. When I sit up perfectly straight the bars are well below my shoulders if that's a legal concern where you live. The wiring can run internal just fine, the clutch and throttle cables will not have any issues either. The brake line will need to have some slack taken out of it to reach, but it will just barely reach. Buy the proper bolts to mount the bars. DO NOT try to reuse the stock studs. (A thread tap that big ain't cheap)

Clothing Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok everyone, I will post a photo soon of the bars but just completed this winter project of new bars, battery and phone charging through the frame. I needed new bars that did well with comfort and riding long distance. I ended up talking to the main guy at FMB choppers. His recommendation was the high/low mayhem bars. I did a 12” rise on the bars and they fit perfect on the gunner. He also made them custom with making them a bit more narrow for the gunner. I had to add 6” on all my wires and clutch.
I had the bars power coated for free. They came in perfect condition and would really recommend this company for new bars. Just email them and let them know. Witchdoctors has all the cables and wiring to get the process completed. I will post pictures when I get a chance this week.
Cheers

·
Registered
213 Posts
It’s been almost 24 hours!!!

Just kidding. Do want to see how it turned out though....:beer3:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also ended up running the battery tender cables to a female adapter to plug in a small usb charger by anker

then I plugged in a male adapter into my battery tender trickle charger.. that connects to the female on the bars.. so I never have to dig down to the battery and connect the battery cables under the seat again.. which I will enjoy for a very long time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.