VOG Forum banner

Things to check on 03 Vegas

Tags
vegas victory
2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  normthenomad 
#1 ·
Hey yall. Im looking at a 2003 Vegas with 20k miles on it for $1750 tommorow and I wanted to know what kind of things to expect and to look out for when looking at, and while riding it. Thanks so much!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price is very low. I'd be wary of a wrecked bike with a salvage title. Or worse yet, stolen.

Seriously, I'd ask the seller why the price is so low. What's wrong with it?

Remember life lesson #342, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Reactions: agnews
#7 ·
If is just an good, older, honest bike then snatch it up. Lil luv, lil money, lil time & it will b a dependable bike that U know can just jump on & ride!! :fiddy:

#10 ·
The 92" 5spd Freedom engines are beasts right out of the box. I will second making sure the vaccum lines, caps and intake boot need to be checked over thoroughly. I have 45,000 miles on mine with normal maintenance and it's still running strong. Great motorcycle for the money.

#11 ·
Whats going on with the rear turn signals and license plate/ lights? In the picture it looks like there are a few wires hanging from the back of the rear fender that could pose a problem. Electrical problems can be a *****

#12 ·
When did the powers that be start censoring our posts? What's up with that?

#13 ·
I agree with all mentioned above, just got my 05 about a week ago and I absolutely love it. Wiring problems are indeed a pain, mine had the entire rear end wired wrong, and after MANY hours of messing with it I still have no turn signals. Also agree the transmission is a bit clunky but feels very stout, and my 92ci is a screamer at 30k miles. I'm sure mine spent most of the last year sitting around too. Everything has been super easy to wrench on, if that bike checks out decent for that price I wouldn't hesitate, I paid $3300 for mine in what sounds like similar condition, nice condition but maybe a little forgotten about and dusty.

#14 ·
Ended up buying it for $700. Had alot of small problems, so I dropped it off at my local Polaris/Indian dealer. After a few months of repairs and parts-sourcing, and a $2.5k repair bill, she's out and running like hell. I daily ride it to work, and couldn't be happier(unless it had an extra gear). Thanks for the advice, it helped me find some flaws and get what I think is one hell of a deal.

#16 ·
Ended up buying it for $700. Had alot of small problems, so I dropped it off at my local Polaris/Indian dealer. After a few months of repairs and parts-sourcing, and a $2.5k repair bill, she's out and running like hell. I daily ride it to work, and couldn't be happier(unless it had an extra gear). Thanks for the advice, it helped me find some flaws and get what I think is one hell of a deal.
Conquest customs can hook you up with an overdrive pulley.
Ride it like you stole it 'cause you did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.