VOG Forum banner
161 - 180 of 192 Posts
:cool018:

Absolutely Spot On!

Camels on the Horizon

An interesting take on history:

Didn't Thomas Jefferson say something like, "My great grandfather was a warrior, so my grandfather could be a farmer so that my father could be a merchant so that I could be a scholar"?

Read a kaleidoscope of truth and reality below.

Camels on the Horizon:

The founder of Dubai, Sheik Rashid, was asked about the future of his country, and he replied, "My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I ride a Mercedes, my son rides a Land Rover, and my grandson is going to ride a Land Rover…but my great-grandson is going to ride a camel again.

"Why is that," he was asked.

And his reply was, "Difficult times create strong men, strong men create easy times. Easy times create weak men, weak men create difficult times.

Many will not understand it, but you have to raise warriors, not parasites."

Add to that the historical reality that all great empires...the Persians, the Trojans, the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans, and in later years, the British...all rose and perished within 240 years.

They were not conquered by external enemies; they rotted from within.

America has now passed that 240-year mark, and the rot is starting to be visible and is accelerating.

We are past the Mercedes and Land Rover Years….the camels are on the horizon.

The greatest generation consisted of 18-year-old kids storming the beaches at Normandy.

And now, two+ generations later, some 18-year-old kids want to hide in safe rooms when they hear words that hurt their feelings.

They also want free stuff from the government because they think they are entitled to it.

Billions of $ were stolen from moronic good-intentioned "COVID" programs by people that thought they were entitled to it

Several million Americans have decided they no longer want to work and are happy with whatever they can get from the government.

The "camels are on the horizon" for sure…

Discussion starter · #168 ·

Absolutely Spot On!

Camels on the Horizon

Didn't Thomas Jefferson say something like, "My great grandfather was a warrior, so my grandfather could be a farmer so that my father could be a merchant so that I could be a scholar"?

Camels on the Horizon:

The founder of Dubai, Sheik Rashid, was asked about the future of his country, and he replied, "My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I ride a Mercedes, my son rides a Land Rover, and my grandson is going to ride a Land Rover…but my great-grandson is going to ride a camel again.

And his reply was, "Difficult times create strong men, strong men create easy times. Easy times create weak men, weak men create difficult times.

Add to that the historical reality that all great empires...the Persians, the Trojans, the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans, and in later years, the British...all rose and perished within 240 years.

America has now passed that 240-year mark, and the rot is starting to be visible and is accelerating.

The greatest generation consisted of 18-year-old kids storming the beaches at Normandy.

And now, two+ generations later, some 18-year-old kids want to hide in safe rooms when they hear words that hurt their feelings.

They also want free stuff from the government because they think they are entitled to it.

Billions of $ were stolen from moronic good-intentioned "COVID" programs by people that thought they were entitled to it

Several million Americans have decided they no longer want to work and are happy with whatever they can get from the government.

The political thread might be a better place for this Dean.

I see it as philosophical even if mildly political, so it fits in either category. Add to that (actually just an extension of what is being said)..Those who will not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

• Winner
Reactions: IM12STPN

Absolutely Spot On!

Camels on the Horizon

Camels on the Horizon:

B E A U T I F U L, thank you for this post! I've heard this for decades and it's wonderful reading it again this morning.

I don't see it as 'political' at all. It's the history of the 'life cycle' of societies around the world. Empires come and go, nothing humans assemble stays the same for ever.

Did a little research concerning political speech as defined by the Supreme Court and others. This does not fit the ticket as no attempt at persuasion of one party or another is in play. That is over simplified, but cuts to the essence. Also no change is being directly advocated for involving a specific government.

• Winner
Reactions: arkvic and IM12STPN
The political thread might be a better place for this Dean.
Doing my best to stay off it
NOTE: there's always a debate....see below...:biggrin:

Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

Absolutely Spot On!

Camels on the Horizon

Camels on the Horizon:

i just shudder to think of this generation in charge. of the future. told my lazy step kid when he was 18 or 19, that he needed to get on with it, that 19 yr. old kids in ww2 were flying b 17 bombers over germany. didnt faze him a bit. it was like,.... so????

didnt faze him a bit. it was like,.... so????
Kids need to get cut, burned, bloodied & bruised, is how we learned that things were hot, sharp and what not 2 do

I wonder what percentage learns from parents and then follow their peers, which they see as the easy way out. That "many" is debatable nowadays. SAD

Reactions: Bikesofbrads
161 - 180 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.