VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so here it is, I did not really fit on the Vision because of my bad hip so I get rid of it for a Vegas.... Now I am finding I dont like the Vegas any more. It just seems to small and cramped, not to mention featureless. I miss my electric windshield, my XM radio, my storage :-( I know we dont need all that but I want it back!!!!
I sat down with our fearless leader tonight (oh thank you BTW) and told him... He laughed, then we discussed some mods I can make to make it fit better. So, I think you all will see another Vision in my garage soon. I will be spending some time at the dealer tomorrow and Saturday seeing if what I am thinking will work...
So, thanks Victory for killing my appreciation of the bike that brought me over to Victory....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
Don, you should try a Ness. You will find the seating lower,firmer and narrower than the standard Vision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
It sounds like a love/hate relationship. I think you need to agree to disagree with your thoughts. :) Have fun shoping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
Vision 8Ball.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

bobbyg said:
Don, you should try a Ness. You will find the seating lower,firmer and narrower than the standard Vision.
I am half way with that. My problem is with the tank area. I was thinking of using the Ness seat on a tour then seeing if I could shave down the sides and reshape them inwards at the knee area to get my knees alittle closer inwards. Sort of like a sportbike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
Now I know we have met , and I do believe you to be what you appear to be , but...are you sure there is not some little woman hiding in there someplace?
My wife doesnt change her mind as much LOL and she does that a lot !

Glad to see that your returning to the dark side LOL
Might i guess your coming home with that white one Andy has? Or the blue sand?

(If you want to do that "Deal" again let me know LOL )

Call me tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clubford00 said:
Now I know we have met , and I do believe you to be what you appear to be , but...are you sure there is not some little woman hiding in there someplace?
My wife doesnt change her mind as much LOL and she does that a lot !

Glad to see that your returning to the dark side LOL
Might i guess your coming home with that white one Andy has? Or the blue sand?

(If you want to do that "Deal" again let me know LOL )

Call me tomorrow.
I really liked the white one, but blue has ABS! Yes, I change my mind allot, when we first met I think I had 14 bikes now down to 4 and short a wife so I dont need to give up garage space for her car...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
dsjr70 said:
bobbyg said:
Don, you should try a Ness. You will find the seating lower,firmer and narrower than the standard Vision.
I am half way with that. My problem is with the tank area. I was thinking of using the Ness seat on a tour then seeing if I could shave down the sides and reshape them inwards at the knee area to get my knees alittle closer inwards. Sort of like a sportbike.
Well you could always do what the stunters do, but instead of beating down the top of the tank flat, beat In the sides !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Clubford00 said:
Now I know we have met , and I do believe you to be what you appear to be , but...are you sure there is not some little woman hiding in there someplace?
My wife doesnt change her mind as much LOL and she does that a lot !

Glad to see that your returning to the dark side LOL
Might i guess your coming home with that white one Andy has? Or the blue sand?

(If you want to do that "Deal" again let me know LOL )

Call me tomorrow.
I really liked the white one, but blue has ABS! Yes, I change my mind allot, when we first met I think I had 14 bikes now down to 4 and short a wife so I dont need to give up garage space for her car...lol
Better than 14 wives and a short bike i guess LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clubford00 said:
dsjr70 said:
bobbyg said:
Don, you should try a Ness. You will find the seating lower,firmer and narrower than the standard Vision.
I am half way with that. My problem is with the tank area. I was thinking of using the Ness seat on a tour then seeing if I could shave down the sides and reshape them inwards at the knee area to get my knees alittle closer inwards. Sort of like a sportbike.
Well you could always do what the stunters do, but instead of beating down the top of the tank flat, beat In the sides !
Nothing that radical, I'm thinking I could concave the sides like the sides of a 59 corvette and make it look nice. But I need to see tomorrow of there is enough room inside to glass it and add some support. I need to shave about 1/2" from each side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
Okay, so here it is, I did not really fit on the Vision because of my bad hip so I get rid of it for a Vegas.... Now I am finding I dont like the Vegas any more. It just seems to small and cramped, not to mention featureless. I miss my electric windshield, my XM radio, my storage :-( I know we dont need all that but I want it back!!!!
I sat down with our fearless leader tonight (oh thank you BTW) and told him... He laughed, then we discussed some mods I can make to make it fit better. So, I think you all will see another Vision in my garage soon. I will be spending some time at the dealer tomorrow and Saturday seeing if what I am thinking will work...
So, thanks Victory for killing my appreciation of the bike that brought me over to Victory....
Ok, maybe this is a latent reaction to Mommy weening you off the tit a little to soon. Perhaps the moon has gone retrograde in your star chart. I have no clue.
But dude. This is the most shcitso-drama filled post I've ever seen from you...lol
Shawn
Hey, I havent had a good post in awhile...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,880 Posts
Don - you're missing the obvious!!! You need a personal massage therapist to work that hip out before & after your rides!!! Oh yeah!!!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
Okay, so here it is, I did not really fit on the Vision because of my bad hip so I get rid of it for a Vegas.... Now I am finding I dont like the Vegas any more. It just seems to small and cramped, not to mention featureless. I miss my electric windshield, my XM radio, my storage :-( I know we dont need all that but I want it back!!!!
I sat down with our fearless leader tonight (oh thank you BTW) and told him... He laughed, then we discussed some mods I can make to make it fit better. So, I think you all will see another Vision in my garage soon. I will be spending some time at the dealer tomorrow and Saturday seeing if what I am thinking will work...
So, thanks Victory for killing my appreciation of the bike that brought me over to Victory....
Ok, maybe this is a latent reaction to Mommy weening you off the tit a little to soon. Perhaps the moon has gone retrograde in your star chart. I have no clue.
But dude. This is the most shcitso-drama filled post I've ever seen from you...lol
Shawn
Hey, I havent had a good post in awhile...
So.........AmI to take your non-denial about the "weening off the tit" thing, as confirmation of under lactation??
Shawn
Oh I have to be so careful on this one...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
Man, you are one weird dude. Where is the old one? Good for you to get what you want. Spoiling yourself at your age is not a bad thing!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,141 Posts
dsjr70 said:
I really liked the white one, but blue has ABS! Yes, I change my mind allot, when we first met I think I had 14 bikes now down to 4 and short a wife so I dont need to give up garage space for her car...lol
Not too bad a price to pay I guess, I Short Wife = 10 bikes.
At least you still have a garage to start filling up with Victorys again. Who got the Dog?
Up here they would get all the Gold and you would have got the SHAFT.
Gotta go fast mine just walked in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
Did you take any of the stuff off your old one? I would be interested in the XM! :)
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top