The victory SC | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The victory SC

Discussion in 'Garage' started by Monroe1978, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Monroe1978

Monroe1978 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Harley
    Hay anybody, I was one of those guys that got a new victory the first year they came out in 1999. I had all kinds of problems with this bike. I liked how it rode when it worked but the dealer did not know what was wrong with it and they could not fix it. They gave me my money back and I got a Honda. I found out later that recalls fixed most of the problems later, but I had already gave up at that point. I just saw a 2000 SC that A guy was selling for 2000.00 dollars. I know it is the same bike with a shorter front end and bit of a sport look. Anybody know anything about this short lived bike? Parts, etc

2. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    I would think if it's still alive the trans problems have been addressed. Parts can be had, will require effort. Rylan at The Vic Shop is into the early models. Has a couple YouTubes on the subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Monroe1978

Monroe1978 New Member

Harley
    Thanks, I had problems with charging and it would kill the battery and would end up on the side of the road. Had I had the bike longer I may have gotten trans problems too. I remember it being clunky.

4. Monroe1978

Monroe1978 New Member

Harley
    Sorry, new to this sight, what is the Vic Shop?

5. wvrider1

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    He is in Iowa. He specializes in Victory, Google it. You'll find him.

6. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    www.thevicshop.com
    There was a transmission and a charging system recall on the early bikes. If those were done, it should be a good serviceable bike. But I think the trans issue wasn’t an official recall but done some other way so there are old bikes out there that don’t have the upgrade. Ticking time bomb. Rylan has done a lot with the old bikes, including fixing all issues by swapping in a later year engine. And if you want to see a sweet looking SC, see if you can find pics on his site or in his videos of the one he put Kingpin forks and wheels on, I love that one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Monroe1978

Monroe1978 New Member

Harley
    Thanks I found it and after looking into what they had to say about the 2000 SC the bike is going to have trans problems down the road. This bike has under 4000 miles on it so it probably has the old trans in it. The shop video tells me it will go out at about 20,000. This guy got from his uncle and does not ride. I would be buying a time bomb. 4500 is the fix. He wants 2000.00 so if I can get him down little more I may do it. Sounds like 2003 they fixed this motor.

8. wvrider1

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    Something else to consider is all your intake rubber would be suspect and due for replacement, not to mention the tires. Lots of threads here about cracked boots and lines causing running issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    You can swap an 03-05 motor into it for much less than 4500 I would think.

10. ByteN2it

ByteN2it Well-Known Member

'99 V92C & '09 Vision
    You have to to really love the old bikes to buy a used obsolete model & replace the old engine with a newer obsolete motor, it just doesn’t make good sense. I’d do it:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Monroe1978

Monroe1978 New Member

Harley
    Didn’t think about that.

12. Monroe1978

Monroe1978 New Member

Harley
    After it goes that what I was thinking. I was thinking this bike started out new with some issues so it’s a projected as soon as it stop running right.

13. D J

D J Active Member

2000 V92 SC
    The SC is a special bike and worth fixing up. I was hooked the first time I rode this machine and have done everything I can to keep her going ( including swapping out to an 03 Vegas motor) . I love this bike and will keep her forever. That being said, I could also love a newer Vic.

• Like Like x 1
  14. D J

D J Active Member

2000 V92 SC
    20200712_162525 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. kaitiff

kaitiff Well-Known Member

14 XC/07 KPT
    Some of the guys that have the old V92's from 99 and 2000 swear that just changing to a better oil ( and not speed shifting w/out the clutch) will let the bike run better. There are Hammer engine vics that have over 100K miles on them. I think one of the originals are in a museum with over 200k on it. I think a lot of the tranny issues on the early bikes were because guys were buying them to really get on it.. since they were a lot sportier and faster than the harley's back then. It's a gamble sure.. but it's not definite that if you buy it you're going to shell out the tranny.

WAIT
    I just looked at that pic.. that bike already has a replacement engine. For 2K??? Hell yes! You can tell by the jugs.. the original SC's all had blacked out and/or Hammer motors.. basically square looking jugs.. that has a silver engine with later engine. Soo. someone already did the engine swap. Buy it, ride it till your ass falls off man...

EDIT Ok.. I really should read all the replies first. :) Sorry.. I can see now that D J was posting his ride and stated that he'd replaced the motor.