VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's raining here and has been for a few days. Nothing unusual about that, but this morning I got up early (around 4 AM) and stepped out back, checked on a number of thriving and beautiful plants growing along the patio. Then came inside and prepared my wife's coffee and lunch. I added a treat to her lunch that will make her happy when she finds it.
And, now I am enjoying a pot (not a bowl) of cheesy, sausage grits and checking on the list of things to do for today.

Nothing special about this morning, but it struck me just how great it is and how blessed I am to be able to do these things without any problems or issues of health. Not something to be taken for granted. I get to be of service today, and am not forced to perform. In the end, I believe that is all that will matter.

What is your simple?

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
It's raining here and has been for a few days. Nothing unusual about that, but this morning I got up early (around 4 AM) and stepped out back, checked on a number of thriving and beautiful plants growing along the patio. Then came inside and prepared my wife's coffee and lunch. I added a treat to her lunch that will make her happy when she finds it.
And, now I am enjoying a pot (not a bowl) of cheesy, sausage grits and checking on the list of things to do for today.

Nothing special about this morning, but it struck me just how great it is and how blessed I am to be able to do these things without any problems or issues of health. Not something to be taken for granted. I get to be of service today, and am not forced to perform. In the end, I believe that is all that will matter.

What is your simple?
Every day I wake is a miracle right now. I have no clue exactly when, but I am dying. I know I will not get better. I regress week to week but still work FT. All I know is the doctors find it hard to believe I am not there yet. Or that it does not faze me in the least. I am not sad or depressed. I have lived a crazy life, very fulfilling. My kids are safe. Their mom is safe. They have all the financial provision they will need when I go. That simple fact is great.

Only the simple things matter, and that is just to enjoy your lot in life and not stress on other crap that in the end that does not even matter. My simple is eating biscuits and gravy or beans and cornbread. Or maybe a waffle. My grand kids as I watch them laugh and play. Making people laugh. Giving people hope. Not having an ounce of fear about death and dying. Being at peace with God. I have a family that loves me. Friends who care for me. What more do i need?

Simple but vital to me.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
We have a little routine honey and I. Every morning. Our time together before I go to work is what makes my day go by easier. Knowing tomorrow morning I have something to look forward to.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I am finishing my 5th year of retirement and right now I am watching a family of sparrows with their newly hatched young ones in a nest in a small shrub tree beside my shed. They are so cute. They did an excellent job on their nest. It amazes me how they know how to do that. I mean, I never graduated high school but I consider myself a bit smarter than your average sparrow and yet I would never be able to make a nest as nice as that. Nature is truly amazing. Yup, watching a family raise their young makes me a bit happier today. The simple things.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
I am finishing my 5th year of retirement and right now I am watching a family of sparrows with their newly hatched young ones in a nest in a small shrub tree beside my shed. They are so cute. They did an excellent job on their nest. It amazes me how they know how to do that. I mean, I never graduated high school but I consider myself a bit smarter than your average sparrow and yet I would never be able to make a nest as nice as that. Nature is truly amazing. Yup, watching a family raise their young makes me a bit happier today. The simple things.
Have you ever considered writing a book Paul. You are excellent with delivery and you can capture an audience! Well done sir.

Reactions: Pauljp and 13SicVic

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I'm on my second cup of coffee, watching the hummingbirds out back, wife and I are on our 2nd year of retirement in a new state, slowly getting ready to go to the gym then a drive up to the mountains maybe, or ride the motorcycle. Every night we sit on the back patio and watch the sunset together. Unfortunately my trip to South Dakota was cancelled because two weeks ago my wife fell off the curb and shattered her forearm requiring plates and pins. Still all is good. She is recovering and we have plans for next year's ride. Fairly healthy and blessed.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
A grateful attitude Is the beginning of a full and happy life. I too have a lot to be grateful for.
Pretty much the same as most people. Healthy adult kids and a hand full of grandkids all of which are no farther than 15 minutes away.
Mom 90 is still with us and very coherent. I also have a good church family and my faith in God is strong which continually reinforces hope for a better future as well as true change in the heart of men.
And then there is the cherry on top for us on here. We have some of the best motorcycles ever made

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There is certainly much more to be fortunate and grateful for but my simple is getting hugs and kisses from our four grandchildren that we cherish.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Simple things, I didn’t really address it above but one of them for me is my dog. He is as attached to me as any I’ve had before and then some.
He is my constant companion. He’s a 95lb. Labrador so I haven’t quite figured out how to take him on my bike yet. I’m not a sidecar kind of guy.

he is currently napping at my feet. He makes me smile.

A simple thing that makes life more full

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
All of this inspirational stuff on a biker site is just .....well inspiring.............let me try..........so I roll my hungover ass just far enough to bang OBM hard and fast, while she is face down and having her head pushed under the pillows. When I finish ( because I am in this for me ) and she is almost awake, she says "where's my coffee?" I say probably in your coffee pot after you make it. I throw the dog out the house because he is a perv and gave his full attention while said deed was being done. At least he didn't try to participate with his neutered pack o nuttin, AGAIN! For that I count my blessings. Now I am even later for work than I usually am, step out the door and feel something on the back of my shoes. Turn around to see it is my ass, and I will be dragging it again today. So I jump on the BBC, light up a smoke and think to myself ......later when I feel better and I get back home, Baby is going to have to play me long, because I am going to go deep! Ain't life grand!:badgrin:

Anyone inspired?

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
All of this inspirational stuff on a biker site is just .....well inspiring.............let me try..........so I roll my hungover ass just far enough to bang OBM hard and fast, while she is face down and having her head pushed under the pillows. When I finish ( because I am in this for me ) and she is almost awake, she says "where's my coffee?" I say probably in your coffee pot after you make it. I throw the dog out the house because he is a perv and gave his full attention while said deed was being done. At least he didn't try to participate with his neutered pack o nuttin, AGAIN! For that I count my blessings. Now I am even later for work than I usually am, step out the door and feel something on the back of my shoes. Turn around to see it is my ass, and I will be dragging it again today. So I jump on the BBC, light up a smoke and think to myself ......later when I feel better and I get back home, Baby is going to have to play me long, because I am going to go deep! Ain't life grand!:badgrin:

Anyone inspired?
Lol. At this stage in life taking a good dump or a fun loud fart is good enough to put a smile on my face!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.