The Rise And fall Of Victory | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The Rise And fall Of Victory

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by JamesBond, Apr 8, 2021.

1. LEVON106

LEVON106 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2006 Hammer and 2016 Magnum 74 Norton Commando
    Love those Arlenn Ness rocker cover extensions. Would absolutely love a set of those but can't find them anywhere and probably never will. Anybody got a set I'd pay good bucks for them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    It was just a business decision. A very BAD business decision by knuckleheads that take bikers for granted. What killed Victory was all the BS those knuckleheads spread to justify their bad business decisions. Blame all their screw ups on Victory, taking no personal responsibility for their poor management. And just like everything else these days...half the people out there will believe anything they said. “Oh golly gee shucks ain’t Victorys swell. Just too bad they weren’t selling (lie) and didn’t make any money (lie). Hey let’s forget all about Victory and Ooh here’s something shiny and new...”

At this point it’s not about being hurt or pissed off at what they did. It’s just that they suck, and my dollars don’t go to CEO’s that suck. I have may more things I want than dollars in my wallet, no shortage of cool new sh*t out there to buy. So when I do buy things, I have lots to choose from, not from Polaris.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. LEVON106

Yes you do have many options on how to spend your money ( a sedative might be one I'd suggest). Again as I've often said before, I hated the decision to Jump on the iconic Brand name bandwagon just as you did but that's the choice the powers that be made. If it aint makin money for you with a bleak future ahead, ya dump it , plain and simple. Doesn't mean I like my two Vics any less. I like Vrods, Oldsmobiles and Mercurys, their gone too as well as a host of other good machines, The dollar rules over everything including covid precautions for cryin out loud let alone motorcycle sales no matter how many meat whistles that CEO sucked. Let the scab heal over instead of picking at it and move on.

4. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    No idea what the F you’re talking about. But then again anytime someone starts a post out with an attempt at a personal insult it’s pretty obvious the rest is going to be gibberish.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LEVON106

Insult ? Perhaps your right. Just have a little trouble holding on to hate unlike yourself. Have a Nice day.

6. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    More gibberish. But, whatever’s been eating at you I hope you get over it and have a nice day too.

7. LEVON106

Ya ok whatever

8. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    At least the main screwup and liar that killed Victory are now both gone from Polaris and Polaris Indian. Scott Wine (screwup) has left Polaris to screw up another company and Steve Menetto (liar) has been transferred to another Polaris division to haunt.

I know this for certain, the Polaris engineers know how to build an excellent motorcycle. Polaris senior management are all too typical in that they make decisions that are best for the immediate bottom line. With little to no regard for their current or potential customer base or any long term effect(s). But, again, that's most business today, American and around the world. Why, because CEO's are usually looking for their next gig soon after getting their current gig.

I have no idea if Polaris Indian will make it at Polaris as long as Victory Motorcycles did. So, if you like what they're selling, buy it. If not, move on to a company you're more comfortable with.

I seem to follow dead brands though as I like the old Willys jeeps, Studebaker cars and trucks, my old Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible (with factory air/power windows/center console and the rest of the 'Rally Package', Victory Motorcycles and Moto Guzzi motorcycles. Plus the old Hudson Teraplane pickup trucks. They were absolutely beautiful.

Piaggio, who owns Moto Guzzi has trimmed them down to only really competing with a few Royal Enfield motorcycle models. They killed off the Moto Guzzi 1400 line which means the all black Eldorado 1400 I'd love to have is already an orphan. Creeps.

I think I'll just get another Victory when it comes time to add a second motorcycle to the mighty CCT.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    I come back here after almost a year being away and THIS is still a topic?! May I suggest a break for some? I found a life and whole new world (actually already had one) beyond these borders, and it's goooood. Enjoy and ride often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Ok but don’t leave us again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. MagVic CCT

Not a chance. Apparently ya'll need me and the comic relief...........Thanks. But, I learned something, and now trying to make it part of the everyday experience.....Never take yourself too damn seriously. Lesson over, pay your tuition at the door. :lol:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    I took my first ride of the season this afternoon, and thought what a nice sounding great riding bike.
    Scraped the aluminum boards a couple times.
    They sound so much better than steel.

Even after almost 8 years of owning one its never gotten old.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. MagVic CCT

Yep, I have the same experience with every ride. This bike just performs so much better than any others I've had, I can't see changing. The very large cockpit, you would think, would be a problem, but it's one of the main things I love about these bikes. It's a very odd, almost paradox. I feel so cradled and settled down into the bike, yet have so much room for feet, legs and hands.

Nice going @primethious , good to be reminded just how capable our bikes are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. AIRGUY

AIRGUY New Member

I too was ticked off when Polaris closed Victory. I have been riding Victory since 2002. I have owned 6 Vics and currently have 2 2001's and going to purchase another (2009 Ness Vision) next Wednesday. I was a very loyal Victory rider for all those years. I am still a Victory fan and always will be because they built a very good product.

That being said, I will never buy another Polaris product because I've seen how they treat Loyal customers and dealers. They tried to manufacture watercraft in the 90's and dropped it just like they did to Victory. Probably will happen with Indian if sales numbers are soft. Typical of corporations all about the bottom line and to hell with the customers. The people at the top made bad decisions like the electric bike that they put under the Victory banner.

I will ride Victory (probably the Vision) till the end. I am 65 years old so my riding years are numbered.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    ok. That was a little dark. Not sure I can equate the death of 5 children with discontinuing production of a motorcycle, but yeah, that's bad too.

• Agree Agree x 1