The reason for the demise of motorcycle sales | Page 6 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The reason for the demise of motorcycle sales

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by 1stVictory, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    '14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    @pella cholla It was, but that was a while ago. So this is a good time to post it again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. victory_wayne

victory_wayne Member

2012 victory cross country tour. 2013 Vision Tour
    D&S Harley in Phoenix Oregon Burned to the ground last week in the Oregon Alemeda Fire. Ttime will tell if they re build. they say it was Arson that set the fire. Burned from Ashland thru Talent, Phoenix and South Medford Oregon. Many business and homes lost.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CRC-VKP

CRC-VKP Active Member

2014 XR Classic / 2004 Kingpin / 2003 KTM300EXC
    With the younger generation that i see, is less parents got them into dirt bikes at young age, as that's how i started it all way back mid 70's. As they'd age, a lot ended up switching to road bikes as I did (body doesn't bounce back from hard core off road riding...but then i kept my 2 enduro's and still head out 1/2 dozen times or so per year). With the advent of quads, and now the big ol side by side off roaders, folks seem to be taking the easier way out (i.e. less work / less skill ) to figure out how to ride on 2 wheels..

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    For the last decade Ive seen Kids becoming lazy and fat. They’re dumb to what we did when we were kids. They’re into video games. We were into dirt and outdoors. It takes strength and endurance e to run even a dirt bike as a kid. These kids today don’t have that. They complain about having to play sports like they’re forced to. We looked for a ball game. We played all day and sweat. Went home for Koolaid and a peanut butter sandwich and came back to play again. We built forts and played into the night. Stinking so bad with dirt rings under our chins and pits. What kids do this today ! we looked for frogs kids today look for internet connections. Lmao

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Remember the dirty rings around the neck and ankles... The socks would walk themselves to the dirty clothes hamper.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. John G

John G Active Member

Victory Vegas 8 ball
    Good one slickvic! As a kid growing up in NZ we didn’t even have tv in the country until I was about 13. Like you, we spent all day outside. My daughter, who is now 41, spent a lot of her day outside, growing up in Seattle. We wanted her to be an outdoors kid,which is what she still is.
    I’m totally amazed as I watch 30 plus year olds come home from work and play video games all night. I’d rather be wrenching on one of my bikes, or doing something outside. I find video games boring rather than stimulating, but hey, that’s just me.

don’t get me wrong, I spend plenty of time on the internet, mainly educating myself and learning stuff I didn’t have time to when I was working for a living. Internet is a great thing , if you don’t become a slave to it!

One part of me wants to introduce as many people as I can to the freedom and skills of riding. The other part wants to jealously guard it’s and keep it to ourselves!
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Remember the snot bubbles that used to rest on our dirt lip ? Koolaid stains and jelly stains on our white T shirts ? Remember swimming at the lake all day and never coming out of the water ! Camping in the woods and bringing hot dogs to survive on ! Remember streaking ! Yeah that’s when we were older but dammm it was fun !

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Having to drink out of the hose, full contact football with no pads, playgrounds made from galvanized pipe and concrete... Streaking, yeah and loved it when it was the opposite sex (not judging) and the Stevens song:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    And today:

Where do one buy a bike when the coin is tight...

Meanwhile at Indian (I am allowed to say that) the former Victory assembly line.

Baggers | Indian Motorcycle

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  10. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    The after school fights. The $20 bags and the $5 nickel bags !!!! :22yikes:
    Making go carts and riding our bicycles across town to see our girls! Hanging out at night under the street lamps until mom yelled it’s time !
    Going to the movies with your 7th and 8 th grade sweet hearts. The basement party’s and disco!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Oh I was a bit pre-disco in those years, but I had a garage band, playing bass guitar. Nickel bags?

I have no idea what you speak of, as I was a good boy collecting match boxes... :bandit:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Sock hops and going steady. The French kiss !
    Ok back to little kids ...... match boxes and then buying model paint and painting them. Then came Hot wheels ? We played for hours.
    Remember TV time? 5 channels and then if you got to stay up with mom you could watch Elvis or the Beetles on Ed Sullivan !
    I wouldn’t Trade my child hood for any of what these kids have and do today. Their innocence has been stripped from them to young!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Oh I collected those Match Boxes too, but at an earlier age... But I was still was drooling over all motorcycles and couldn’t wait for the learner permit to get my first bike...

16D541A7-9A3F-461A-BE64-46EFA8F5671A.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. timtim

timtim Active Member

2013 victory vision
    Anybody remember Dinky toys?? I think they were out before Match Box. We used to play with them for awhile then blow them up with fire crackers!!
    Oh the memories.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Smart Phones not only provides too much data, they don’t have to learn anything... Yep you are correct.