The reason for the demise of motorcycle sales | Page 10 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The reason for the demise of motorcycle sales

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by 1stVictory, Aug 31, 2020.

1. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Cross Country
    I know guys buying a second one. Some of us are considering wrecks for parts. I can’t see me riding anything else. Love my baggers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    LOL ok definitely a bit south of where I’m staying. Spending the night on my way up to Montana

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    Even in Ohio 150 miles is only few hrs so that’s only like 15 min out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    If you’re coming up the 15 northbound through St. George you’ll pass right by me!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 53canuck

53canuck Well-Known Member

2011 KP
    All the purchasing also causes some problems for the average person.

Average Greater Victoria home price surpasses $1.2 million

https://www.zolo.ca/vancouver-real-estate/trends

Even in the smaller centers it's beyond most.

Record high house prices in Kelowna.

I came across an article yesterday that I couldn't find for this but it was basically a story about the well to do crowd who have bought up all the real estate and jacked the prices up so high that the people (peasants) who work in the restaurants and stores can't afford to live there. Turnover is high, stores are closing and service is slow. Life is rough.

I'm sure things will settle down again but at the moment the only way to make out good on all this is if you're downsizing or moving to a smaller city. Which sort of appeals to me at the moment anyway. A small condo here at home and one someplace warm would be perfect.

But I'd still be house-poor.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    Ahhhhh, life’s lil cycles of the roller coasteristic rise & fall of everything. The bubble is filling again and sometime in the future will be another big pop like in 08 & several other times. Funny how stuff works as we humans desperately feel the need to have more & more & more stuff, mostly stuff we don’t really need but stuff we wanted in that impulsive moment so in the cart it goes & three days after getting it, in a closet and forgotten it goes until it’s time for a yard sale or making a goodwill trip. Very soon every household will have to have 2 very good incomes just to survive, food, toys & vaca’s will be an unreachable pleasure due to everyone being house poor. Most will spend 50%- 75% of their income just for a place to call home.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    So true. Not fair to these younger kids today renting because they can’t buy because they can’t qualify. my son has been ready to buy for 3 yrs now and then this ! The housing market booms. He’s a patient soul and keeps saving. By the time the market drops he may be able to pay cash for a home. Funny how so many going into retirement or somewhere after retirement are liquidating and just renting. Traveling and living life. With insurance and home repair costs the way they are who can sustain to live a good retirement life but the wealthy? We own our 2 homes and the battle to keep them is just as hard as when we first bought them. If we were into retirement ages we would do just as many are doing. Liquidate. Buy a small home base and travel. Another thought is what Half Crazy does. A beautiful 5th wheel and change your scenery every so often. Either way I don’t want to be married to a house in the beginning of my retirement. I’m gone with Vic’s on board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Curious if today this poll would change. A97CD9BA-FCCB-4DD5-972E-505B12850983.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Blowndodge

2013 Victory XCT
    After the first stimulus checks went out do you know what the most purchased item was in the US? An Iphone! I kid you not. Unfortunately most Americans are not smart with money and the land owners and landlords are aware of this. People refusing to go back to work because of government handouts fuels this buying obsession. Trillions of dollars that were just printed is causing the worst inflation. Money that was printed to give to the non workers.

Who's surprised? Not me. We're entering an inflationary time the likes we have never seen. I noticed that food is skyrocketing as well. We went to Costco yesterday and saw pork ribs at $5.49 a pound! Last year it was $2.99 a pound. Cars as well. Sad thing is that the fiscally irresponsible are not even aware of it except the price for rent and housing.

The federal government is letting in hundreds of thousands of immigrants to fill the jobs the American people have refused to return to because of the handouts. They only have themselves to blame. They are about to be the "new" poor class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Wow! Impressive to say the least and I feel you are 100% right. We are chomping at the bit as homeowners to liquidate and run but have nowhere to run to. That’s when you know the economy is screwed up when you have money and it’s useless because it’s not real money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    Looks like this thread just got political.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Let’s keep that from happening. The title says:
    “The demise of motorcycle sales”. We all know it’s because nobody has any damn money and if they do they’re not spending it on toys. We just keep going around and around and around on these threads about motorcycle sales and about why why why. Truth is myself and those I ride with don’t care about motorcycle sales. We won’t be around to see it all end if it does. Personally IDK because I gots mines and I’m keepin em’

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Bamafn1

Bamafn1 New Member

2008 Victory Vegas Low
    I think it has a lot to do with the price of these new motorcycles. I'm likely to never be in the market to drop the amount of coin they are asking for these new bikes. It just makes more sense to me to continue to buy used and enjoy them and fix them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    Hey 53, you’re listing the 3 want to buy at any cost hot spots in Canada. Victoria and Kelowna for retirement and then Vancouver and the Fraser Valley area. They were and still are the hot areas for the crazy, rich Asians to pay whatever the asking price is and more just to have it sit empty and wait for it to accrue in value or live in it once communist China begins to really exert power over the Hong Kong and Macau island populace and they flee to Canada. How does a 22 yr old just finished university or college/trade school afford a $3M house that’s regarded as just average? They’ll be in apartments what will seem like forever. Maybe it’s payback for charging the Chinese immigrants a head tax back in the late 1800’s when they were brought here to build the Canadian Pacific Railway thru the Rocky mountains and hundreds died doing the work. A little history here for us to read.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Blowndodge

2013 Victory XCT
    I say run to your safe space! LOL

• Funny Funny x 2