VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold from Canada met water from the gulf and laid a bazillion albino brain chiggers on us here in the Blue Ridge yesterday , and still going this morning. I've lived where the lake effect snow fall, I've lived in Minnesota and Montana. This shouldn't phase me, but life is a little more fragile and digging out just a little less "fun" at 61 as it was at 21. Power stayed on, thankful. Attaching some pics taken yesterday. Before you say Southern boy vwhiner, the last bit of road to my sky castle (home) is an 14 % gradient on a single lane dirt road way up a mountain. Danged near made it all the way home BUT slid off and ripped the mirror of my truck, then slid backwards into a very large oak and the impact shattered my rear window. Hiked , well trudged the rest of the way home . This too shall pass.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The castle walking in. Note, above the home only sky. 3400 feet in elevation. Simply beautiful and perfect all summer. No A/C needed and beautiful riding country. No, my Vision does not come up here. It gently sleeps in a storage unit in town awaiting my return.
Sky Snow Property Building Tree

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
stay warm n safe !!

that plate of food looks mighty tasty !!

Peter

Reactions: J.Wales

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I enjoy cooking as much as I do riding. This old body won't make it in construction anymore so I've always heard that before you die, do what makes you happy and what you have a passion for. Food and bikers. Most hotel breakfast offerings are getting slack these days, I plan to do breakfast sliders or buckwheat pancakes and sausage with large 16 ounce coffee cups roadside while you ride. This mind you is all a work in progress but I'm Too far in to back out now.
Food Tableware Ingredient Sandwich Bun

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since I'm snowed in and have food on hand, reckon I'll get busy perfecting some things. Grilled bacon, smoked chicken flat bread pizza roadside? I'll be offering a slider wrapped in foil sheet to go and you can just put it near your exhaust manifold later for a hot snack.
Food Pizza Recipe Pizza cheese Ingredient

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There will be standards and revolving features. Philly Steak flat bread sandwiches. Pork BBQ sliders with French fried onions, sweet tater fries. Please forgive me and
Food Ingredient Fast food Recipe Tableware
indulge my boredom up here.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Good plan I think it will do well & good luck.

I'm looking at property in Arkansas (have been for a few years) & I'm torn between remote like your castle or something with hi way frontage & substantial property to do cabins / camping / rally's catering mainly to riders.

Like you it's a retirement thing.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ambulance access becomes important later In life I suppose. Crosses my mind more now.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In order to survive I'd have to reach out to the other bike types, specifically hanging orange and black flags because they can't pass such a display . ADV riders and Wingers too. I'm bike neutral if you're a customer but VICTORY will be displayed in prominent locations on the truck. Triumph too, they were and still are family.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Feed 'em all!
Who cares what a person rides it's the person who makes it interesting the bike is just an introduction.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Little blues, rock and country mix playing too. Working on seating, restroom options with hand wash station.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts
Reactions: J.Wales

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@J.Wales Sounds like a great plan. I'll take about 10 of those Sliders, Son!! And a pizza to go. Or Eat the whole Pizza there and take the Sliders to go... decisions, decisions! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.