The Official Politics and Religion Thread | Page 6099 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The Official Politics and Religion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    Jesse Jackson is an opportunist. He will say whatever gets him a paycheck. I can’t say the same about Al Sharpton only because I don’t know for sure.
    But neither of them have given me the message that I should give up. In fact, what I hear from them is actually the opposite. Your perception that black people may be discouraged by their speeches may be just that. It is true that without support from the majority, there can be no change no matter how self determined the minority may be.
    The narrative that Black People are lazy has been out there ever since slavery came to this country. It is a difficult stereotype to shake, given the dearth of examples in the media showing otherwise. Most Black Families are just trying to get to “middle class.” Those who aren’t making it are faking it. But you won’t hear about these families in the news. And certainly not on YouTube.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I rarely watch tv so seldom see Mr Jackson or Sharpton. My impression is that yes they do or did seek the cameras and microphones. But why is it bad when they do it? There are a WHOLE lot of white men that do that too, I think whatever standard is applied to one should also be applied to the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of founding fathers, do you believe they meant “All men” when they wrote the constitution?
    If so, why did it take so long for Black People to get the right to vote?
    My point is how you start is not necessarily where you end.
    Some people are desperately seeking ways to dis credit BLM because they really can’t discount the message. (Though some even try that.)
    Washington was a slave owner. Does that mean we should ignore everything else he said and did?

The message from BLM is we as black people should matter just as much as anyone else. Not just in words, but in action as well.

Don’t get distracted from the other noise. The message still stands even if you don’t like who is bringing it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

Jesse Jackson came to my church one Sunday. The bishop gave him the pulpit to say a few words. Jesse asked the congregation to make contributions for his birthday. He never got the pulpit again. I don’t have an example of a White Leader who has used the pulpit in that fashion but I assure you, my resultant distrust would be the same.
    I have not seen Rev. Sharpton do something like that so I will withhold judgement in his case.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JamesBond

JamesBond Well-Known Member

2015 Magnum/ 2005 Big Dog Chopper

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

You said the numbers don’t prove it. So how do you know? Are you going from the crime shows on TV? Just curious.
    On another note, I noticed you did not respond that you live in a suburb. In fact, I got no response from anyone who was excited about Trump’s latest executive order. Since I grew up in a suburb and currently live in one, I can tell you that his order did what it was supposed to do: excite people who have no idea what really happens in the suburbs but are desperate for a win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I think pretty much every white televangelist ever come to mind. I don’t endorse or condemn Jackson or Sharpton because I know so little about them. I’m sure they have their good sides and bad sides. Being pub whores doesn’t sound like a stretch from what I do know. All I ask is that if they are to be discounted because they love the camera and care mostly about themselves, let’s hold guys like Trump, Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones etc. to the same standard. This isn’t directed at you, it’s to all those who tell me what bad peoples Sharpton and Jackson are, then willfully support and follow whites guilty of what they accused Sharpton and Jackson of being.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
  9. BBob

BBob Well-Known Member

11 XC, 04 KP
    You really have some short bus window licking friends like the swinestoner group here and this idiotic quote. You must be so proud to be one of them.
    I didn't think it was possible but you get duller and dumber by the day; maybe by the minute.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    optics it’s all about optics, I know a thing or two because I’ve seen a thing or two, being white growing up in a predominantly black neighborhood, surrounded by gang bangers.....Fight or flight those are the only two options you have, there are a whole hell of a lot of lazy ass people, mostly because they gave up, and are happy to just ride their life on the government dime, those of my friends that have made the jump into middle class, did so because of their surroundings and the people in their family who kept the faith.

And several of my friends that I grew up with went the way of the game and are either dead or sitting in prison.

How could there ever be a change if white people aren’t allowed to talk, without being called a racist!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    This is exactly what I’m talking about while you recite someone else’s research without having any knowledge how it should be applied!

You try to cover all of your bases by making your argument iron proof, You are this if you don’t agree .......well you didn’t address one damn thing I said!

Go stick your psychobabble in the trashcan because that crap ain’t working here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Bikeless
    Jesus, son... "Iron proof"???? Are you kidding me right now? It's little early to be this drunk, isn't it?
    This sh!t from the Chemtrials guy? Really? F**k me runnin' in free rollin' donut...

I posted TWELVE DIFFERENT sources on a very specific topic and you say some sh!t like this. I don't think you understand the information, so you lash out (IF you even looked at any of it, which I doubt). You can't comprehend anything complex. You need it on a bumper sticker.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Half_Crazy

Bikeless
    Ya know, you could make an effort to support your position or refute mine... but you just continue to talk sh!t out your ass. I took the time to show you why your claim was idiotic, all you can do is SAY that mine is, without addressing any of it. You contribute nothing here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    You only want people to look at what you post, but ignore all of the other conflicting information, **** you it’s not how it works!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Half_Crazy

Bikeless
    Because stupid people can't understand that their right to wave their arms ends at your nose.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.