The Official Politics and Religion Thread | Page 6098 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The Official Politics and Religion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Bikeless
    How did it become so easy to manipulate people? Exactly as you say, education is the key. We have been failing in that department for 3 generations. Our education does not include critical thinking and skepticism... learning how to make an informed judgement on what is true... what sources to trust based on logical examination...

Just as one simple example:
    If 40 news sources, from the US, Canada, the UK, and Europe are reporting something, and the person involved is denying it and attacking all the news sources and calling the claims lies, and a couple of news sources who ALWAYS side with the person involved report things in a more positive light for the person...

Then witnesses come forward, whistleblowers make reports, and hearings are held. One party (the party the person involved belongs to) is steadfast in defense of the guy and completely uninterested in finding out what happened... they just want to accuse the other party of railroading the guy, apply deflection tactics, whataboutism, and theyalldoitism... while the other party asks questions and makes an attempt to find out what really happened (you know, doing their f**king jobs).

Then the person involved refuses to testify, blocks the testimony of witnesses, stops the release of documents (all of those could clear him if innocent), uses terms like "Flipping on me", dangles pardons, intimidates witnesses...

So, how are we to determine the truth? I think we all KNOW the answer... but some of us are not willing to accept the answer.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    An expert with decades and study in a field says, “Do this, it’s the smart thing to do” and about 40% of America’s response is to attack the expert and do the opposite. Yes, the opposite of what the smart thing to do is what they insist on doing.

America has somehow lost all concept of virtue. Now no matter how obvious a bad decision is, truth must be ignored and the decision must be defended. The rest of the world is one giant conspiracy and Americans would rather die to protect a lie than admit a mistake was made, correct the mistake, and learn from it.

And it’s really not hard, watch this:
    In 1984 I voted for Ronald Reagan believing that trickle down economics worked. Reagan still wasn’t a bad President, but my beliefs in his policy was a mistake. He wasn’t bad, but he wasn’t that good either, we can do better. Or:
    In 2000-2004 I thought George W Bush was the worst president in history, a terrible man. I still think he’s accountable for thousands of lives lost in a war based on a mistake at best, a lie at worst. But in hindsight, after learning more about him, I now think my past assessment was a mistake. He’s a pretty good person that just made some bad decisions. Because of the consequences of those decisions we must insist on doing better.

Now did typing any of that compromise me as a man? Anyone who thinks so is not much of a man, and there are some here in this thread like that. Why in the world so many refuse to asses their decisions, see the mistake, and demand better is beyond reason.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    True conservatives are really Libertarians.

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    You mean like , if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its probably a ...., Flamingo?

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    You people are seriously psychotic, I mean we’re talking mental disorder, in the second election of Barack Obama multiple cities were reporting more votes than they had citizens..... The IRS only allowed Democrat 501C to raise money and campaign for the Democrats.....But refused the conservative voice, When you use the power of the government to win an election that’s called election meddling.

The Democrats used American money to interfere in the election of Israel....And somehow you’re surprised that another country would do it to us!

95% of the news media is in the tank for the Democrats, all the search engines are in the tank for the Democrats, Facebook and Twitter remove any video that the Democrats don’t like, But somehow you want us to believe trump cheated in the election, and he got away with it because of the democrat controlled school system?

I mean you just can’t make this **** up this is bad **** crazy loony land!

No matter what Joe Biden does only 120 people at the most are watching it, He refuses to do any interviews with national TV unless they can control 100% of the content and editing ability, and somehow this basement dwelling rat is ahead in the polls.

Give me a break!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    Being an old person coming from a highly populated diverse area of the country I have always wondered a few things. Just observations that may or may not be true.

I noted the Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton types making speeches and arguing this or that equality. But part of the dialog always seemed to be a message to the black community that they can't get a good education, they can't get a house, they can't, they can't etc. without help without leveling the playing field they just can't succeed. Not in those words but the context.

I always wondered if your leaders are telling you all the things you can't achieve every day how many have they really convinced that they can't achieve on their own. How many over the last 70 years one at a time stopped trying? Family unit, personal pride, education is not an option it is a must. Do the right things longer and harder than those that would hold you down. Show them you will not be defeated that you can stand, you can walk, you can run with or without them. To defeat them, be better than them. I liked those speeches. King comes to mind,

So if a few gave up because of the first paragraph then raised families with that defeated feeling, did they pass that on to the kids? Did they grow to believe no matter what they do then cannot achieve great things?

Sometimes I think for sure you can't cure a racist. Only the racist can become self aware and recover from that horrible mindset. On the other hand you can't make a person that has come to believe they can't win to be a winner by carrying them to the finish line. King, James Baldwin, Damon John, so many great influences. Names like Obama, Rice, Powell, Harris, Lewis (RIP).

Not a reflection on the post I responded to but just ranting. I wish people would stop telling people they cannot achieve. Why read if I will never have to read, why get educated if I will never be more than a laborer, why get married and have a sound home for my children when they will never amount to anything? These are thoughts and statements that should never be thought, never be uttered. These mindsets generally find themselves mired in poverty, that is surrounded by suffering and invaded by crime with lost opportunities.

Don't give the racists something to point at to justify their warped sense of superiority.

Yes, black lives matter. I wish we didn't have so many black lives thinking they don't matter. The racist that are part of systemic racism win all the time when they have already convinced large numbers they don't matter.

I know I probably typed all this wrong, but just felt like ranting, it is Saturday after all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Half_Crazy

Bikeless

You are a victim and the approach to victimizing you was so successful that you actually defend the narrative of misinformation. Stockholm syndrome in a way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Half_Crazy

Bikeless
    Question: "Isn't that a Duck?"
    Response: "Well, ducks are fine, I have nothing against ducks. A lot of people say that's a Flamingo, and if you look at birds in tropical places a lot of them are flamingos and there are very few ducks there, and quacking? Don't get me started on quacking! Flamingos can make a noise like a quack... a lot of people don't know that, but believe me, they can make that sound...
    Question: "But sir, flamingos are tall and have long legs and long necks."
    Answer: "You're FAKE NEWS! What a terrible question, a nasty question, a disgusting question."

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. normthenomad

normthenomad Active Member

2006 Kingpin,sold. 2006 Hammer, 2007 Hammer, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    Would like to see a return to the fairness doctrine and equal time rules for all media. Check Wikipedia to clarify.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Half_Crazy

Bikeless
    I would be more apt to believe you can't explain it worth a f**k.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Half_Crazy

Bikeless
    @normthenomad -- And why people watching this exchange are not screaming at the TV, "IT'S A F**KING DUCK, YOU IDIOT!" is beyond comprehension. Then I wake up the next morning and read on the VOG how it was obviously a flamingo. And anyone who says, "Ahhh, sorry, but that was a duck" is called a Marxist, Communist, Leftist who hates America and should be deported, locked in a penal colony, or put to death.

And it's not like a matter of opinion, bro... a duck and a flamingo ARE NOT the same thing. It was EITHER a duck OR it was a flamingo. Period.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Today’s lesson:
    When one is not present at the polls to vote, they are absent. Their ballot, should they choose to exercise their right, is mailed in. Absentee and mail in voting is the same thing. When the highest office holder in the country who has been using mail in ballots to vote absentee for years can’t understand this then it doesn’t matter if he can identify an elephant from a picture, he IS a F’ing moron.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. normthenomad

2006 Kingpin,sold. 2006 Hammer, 2007 Hammer, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    I'm still stuck on how wearing a mask became a violation of my constitutional rights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. normthenomad

I'd enjoy watching the rightys here take some of the "literacy" tests that so many states had in place for the blacks pre-1965 .

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.