The Official Politics and Religion Thread | Page 5830 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The Official Politics and Religion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy, Nov 11, 2012.

1. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    victory magnum
    When he says unifying the country he means bend over and kiss their ass and give them everything they want even though they lost the election, he should do what Obama did and say hey get to the back of the bus!!

2. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    The Northeast where I grew up some of these locations I could throw a rock at, number six and number seven played a huge part in my family’s history in Connecticut, You probably don’t know much about....INNA

Sick and tired about hearing racism every second every day every month and every year, does it exist probably 10%, the police force I’m sure that number is higher, how you grow up is your own damn fault!

Francis Gillette sheltered fugitive slaves on his property most likely in the outbuildings that are no longer standing. Gillette was an influential politician who served as the chairman of the Connecticut Board of Education and also as a U.S. Senator. In the early 1990s, this house was moved north from its original location. The home is a private residence and not open to the public.
    2. Samuel Deming House - 66 Main St., Farmington

Google Maps
    Samuel and Catherine Deming were avid supporters of the abolitionist cause. With others, Samuel Deming arranged to bring Mende Africans of La Amistad to Farmington and supervised their stay. His wife, Catherine joined efforts to raise money and get petitions signed to help the cause. Their home was a safe haven for escaped slaves who were traveling the Underground Railroad. The house is privately owned and not open to the public.
    3. Elijah Lewis House - 1 Mountain Spring Rd., Farmington

Connecticut Freedom Trail
    Elijah Lewis was a known abolitionist in the town of Farmington. His secret hiding place for travelers was at the base of the chimney. A large stone could be removed revealing a cavity big enough to hold a grown man. This home is privately owned and not open to the public.
    4. Washband (Washburn Tavern - 90 Oxford Rd., Oxford

The Washband Tavern operated for four generations and is reported to be a stop along the Underground Railroad. Hiding spots for slaves would have existed in the cellar of this bustling tavern. This home is privately owned and not open to the public.
    5. John Randall House - 41 Norwich-Westerly Rd., North Stonington

Darius H. Randall lived in this home during the Civil War and served in the Union Army. He was appalled by the treatment of African-American troops and transferred into U.S. Colored Troop Regiment and where he served as a 2nd Lieutenant. His beliefs lend credence to the local lore that places the house on the Underground Railroad. The probable hiding spot was a root cellar accessible by trap door through the kitchen. This home is privately owned and not open to the public.
    6. Lyman Homestead - Lyman Rd., Middlefield

Google Maps
    The Lyman family publicly declared their hatred for slavery in an 1850 edition of Sentinel and Witness newspaper. Their involvement with the Underground Railroad was publicly known unlike many of the others who helped with the movement.
    7. Hart Porter House and Outbuilding - 465 Porter St., Manchester

Google Maps
    According to local lore, Hart Porter's homestead, that was built in the 1840s, was a stop on the Underground Railroad. The small outbuilding has a full basement that can only be accessed by a trap door and is thought to be where the escaped slaves were hidden. This home is privately owned and not open to the public.
    8. Uriel Tuttle House - 3925 Torringford St., Torrington

Uriel Tuttle was the president of the Litchfield County Anti-Slavery Society and the Connecticut Anti-Slavery Society. A letter found after his death recognizes his efforts to help fugitive slaves by giving them refuge, money, and transport to the next stop. This home is privately owned and not open to the public.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Bikeless
    I suppose you think that's funny.

5. BBob

BBob Well-Known Member

11 XC, 04 KP
  6. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    Wow really?

Massachusetts Dem AG: “Yes, America is burning, but that’s how forests grow”

7. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    We were right you were wrong ...end of discussion!

The former deputy AG admitted that by August 2017 -- within three months of his appointment of Robert Mueller as special counsel -- there was no evidence of Trump campaign collusion with Russia. Yet the probe went on for another year and a half.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    On his knees, begging for his life!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Attempted voter fraud scheme uncovered in Florida! Seems one Donald J Trump committed a felony when he attempted to register to vote in Florida with an out of state permanent residence. Maximum penalty 5000 dollars and five years in prison. We need a tough law and order administration to enforce the law.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Half_Crazy

Bikeless
  12. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
  13. MoRider

MoRider Well-Known Member

2015 Road Glide Special
    Okay one but it doesn’t happen nearly as often

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    I have noticed there is a code within the code when it comes to emojis (I mean ratings) when it comes to the Politics and Religion Thread
    Green check means I agree, and probably could not have said it better myself.
    Like means I like what you said, wish I thought of that.

Red X could either mean I disagree with some part of your post, or all of your post, or I did not understand any of it, but I don't like you.

Funny could either mean you made me laugh or I did not understand your post but I don't like you.

Winner means either you truly made your point or I don't like who you replied to and I just want to piss him off.

Informative means " I may have learned something new here."

And Useful is rarely used here because, well, How useful could it be on a thread Where everyone argues their position, fails to see the other's point of view, and no one changes their mind?

You may label this post Useful.

Your welcome!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 4
  15. Half_Crazy

Bikeless
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1