The Official Daytona Bike Week Photo, Video and Story Thread | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The Official Daytona Bike Week Photo, Video and Story Thread

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by dsjr, Mar 12, 2012.

1. dsjr

dsjr New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    08 Vegas Low - Yamaha RD-350 - 2012 Victory High Ball
    Bike Week started off this weekend very gloomy. Rain, haze and fog covered the first two days along with some high winds. Today brought with it sunshine and blue skies. The lasrt few days I got to meet some of our members including Marty, Nick (who dissappeared) and Jimbo. Along with Dragon6 who I met a little over a year ago. MJW has been hiding out somewhere I think the bikers are keeping him away. I assume Shawn hasnt made it down since the Chinese buffet is still open and Trekwolf didnt make it since the Circle K still has some Bud left. All and all it is starting to look up although the Speedway looks kind of empty. Not to many venders there this year a sure sign that they didnt make what they were expecting last year. Got to stop by the Victory display at the Speedway, met up with Dave, Josh, Brandon and Mike. Klockworks had some nice bikes on display but I still wonder why one didnt have a saddlebag on it (see photos) Well, that is it for today the sun has baked my little head so I am going to pop a few aspirins and chill out until tomorrow. Pics to follow....

2. mjw930

mjw930 Well-Known Member

Octane
    I was at VM yesterday afternoon but I'll be MIA most of the week since work has me hammered. I WILL make it to the Friday ride/lunch and hope to be around Wednesday as well. Other than that I get to work and listen to everyone else ride. :dots:

3. marty

marty Well-Known Member

Vision 8 Ball/2010..blacked out pipes&wind screen,Traxxion Dynamics suspension,Lloyd's cams,controller,intake plate
    I saw plenty of guys who shouldn't ride motorcycles I'm Harley'd out Spring break chicks are a lot hotter Saw some wildly creative bikes..... Unrideable.... But pretty

4. conklij

conklij Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    Went by Victory at the speedway this morning. Rode the Highball and the Judge. They both were a blast. The riding position on the Judge is quasi sports bike like. Needs some pull back on those bars but riding it was a rush. The suede orange paint job is fantastic. The styling of the bike looks better in person than in the pictures. The highball was my favorite. Any of you get the chance get to the speedway. Looking forward to the party tomorrow night at Dirty Harry's.

5. dsjr

dsjr New Member

I stopped by the Victory display yesterday morning and they had a pretty good crowd. [​IMG] While there I ran into Dave S. and Brandon. [​IMG] Klockworks had a couple of there bikes there. They are raffling off the white one and donating the money to charity. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Then the crowd came back. [​IMG]

6. Andy

Andy Administrator

1957 Flxible Starliner Bus and a 2014 Marathon Prevost Motorcoach
    Daytona Weather Forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday: [​IMG]

7. dsjr

dsjr New Member

Andy at Volusia Motorsports is stepping up the festivities at his shop for Bike Week. He has a couple of added surprises that I will let him share with you. Of course unless he is two busy and lets me let the cat out of the bag.

8. BLININGER

BLININGER Well-Known Member

2009 Hammer
    Well I'm not there but this was on Victory's FaceBook page. I know not everyone has FaceBook so I thought they might enjoy this photo.

9. phoenix9

phoenix9 Well-Known Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001
    I'm glad to see you are getting the good weather for bike week. I think we all know that the "sunshine state" is not always sunny. :cool: Keep posting pictures!

10. Andy

Andy Administrator

1957 Flxible Starliner Bus and a 2014 Marathon Prevost Motorcoach
    I'll have some photos up by the end of the week. Got to see some old VOG Friends yesterday and met some new ones as well. The weather has been great and it seems that Victory is getting a high level or respect from riders of all brands. Just to tease a bit: Various new videos will be posted over the next few weeks including some that may surprise you. Of course, we sent our Official New Bike Model Tester, DSJR over to the Daytona International Speedway to take his first test ride of the new Victory Judge and as always, provided some interesting initial views. Victory did a great job of handling the demand for test rides and all the new bikes were available for guided tours. So far, I was fortunate to see DebCob, Robin'sVision, Marty, MJW930 and his Spyder-riding Wife Joyce, Advntrus Shawn and the lovely Julie and of course our local tour guide and local host, DSJR. Witchdoctor and Lisa came in from Ohio and for the first time will be displaying his wares at Volusia Motorsports this afternoon in his new trailer setup today. And don't let me forget the always lively Trekwolf who rode in from NY and showed us his new Vision. I stopped by to see (the other) Andy at Volusia Motorsports and met Rocketman and well as OneThumb's twin! Today is the Volusia Motorsports Bike Show and I'm looking forward to meeting even more VOG Members, snapping some more photos and of course producing some more VOG Member Spotlights! And did I say...The Weather has been Perfect?

11. dragon6

dragon6 Active Member

Saturdays weather got bad in a hurry. I got to Volusia Motorsports around noon and met up with my to buds from Vegas and Fort Wayne In. Don was there I had fune talking with him. We went to Finns for lunch and it poured while we ate. We hung around the speedway for awhile and it rained on and off. Test rides were shut down. Went to Main Street and my ears are still recovering from the loud bands and loud and obnoxious Harleys. We left for Flagler Beach around 11 and got drenched. Even with all the dampness and the wind over all it was a fun day.

12. poppop

poppop New Member

77yamaha750,96 virago750,97 kawasaki vulcan1500classic, 99 royal star venture, 05 goldwing 09 vision
    Hey DSJR, just noticed the photo at volusia of the Judge, nic one but could not find a better modle for that?:11700: I know andy has better looking employees over there. Sorry pete.

13. dsjr

dsjr New Member

Its hard to get Pete away from you once he starts talking. So you have to deal with his ugly mug. But I found a few better models for a pic of old number 1! [​IMG] More to follow but I am WHOOPED, Andy ran me ragged! :)

14. phoenix9

phoenix9 Well-Known Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001
    I wouldn't take that if I were you. You should join a Union. :wink:

15. clif02

clif02 Active Member

Indian Roadmaster
    I wish I could have made it this year. Next year...either Bikeweek or Biketoberfest. I want to meet all the great folks on this forum that I can!