VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email with a video from indianmotorcycle.com that shows the FTR 1200 custom prototype they are parading around the motorcycle expos. Damn nice looking bike, if you look close there is a lot of "finished" product on that thing. But that engine sure looks like the Octanes. Can't blame Indian a lot of R&D went into that 1200 for Victory it sure would be a waste to let it sit in a one year model.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Looks a lot like the scout engine too. Which the Octane looked a lot like when it came out after the scout. Octane was developed first, but Scout came out before because of Polaris pushing Indian.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks a lot like the scout engine too. Which the Octane looked a lot like when it came out after the scout. Octane was developed first, but Scout came out before because of Polaris pushing Indian.
The only reason I said Octane is that they are calling it the FTR 1200. The Octane is a 1200 the Indian 69 is 1132. The bottom end of the motor looks more Octane than Indian although the jugs are redone.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The only reason I said Octane is that they are calling it the FTR 1200. The Octane is a 1200 the Indian 69 is 1132. The bottom end of the motor looks more Octane than Indian although the jugs are redone.
The standard Scout is a 1200. Despite my distrust of Polaris if they actually made this (I have my doubts) I would probably buy it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Weren't they offering a flat track bike last year?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The standard Scout is a 1200. Despite my distrust of Polaris if they actually made this (I have my doubts) I would probably buy it.
Well 69ci is 1132cc. So I don't know if calling it a 1200 is misrepresenting the actual size or not, and yes I know they all claim more in name more than the actual cc but when your talking 70cc now it's getting plain into the lying territory. However it is what it is. The Octane was/is 1200 I can't think of any reason why Polarass wouldn't keep that motor around and then release a prototype with a 1200 when they actually call the Scout a 69. I don't really care it's a cool looking bike and if I was younger I would be interested in it. I remember the XR1200 HD had it was also very cool. But evidentially didn't sell well, but times are a changing.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well 69ci is 1132cc. So I don't know if calling it a 1200 is misrepresenting the actual size or not, and yes I know they all claim more in name more than the actual cc but when your talking 70cc now it's getting plain into the lying territory. However it is what it is. The Octane was/is 1200 I can't think of any reason why Polarass wouldn't keep that motor around and then release a prototype with a 1200 when they actually call the Scout a 69. I don't really care it's a cool looking bike and if I was younger I would be interested in it. I remember the XR1200 HD had it was also very cool. But evidentially didn't sell well, but times are a changing.
I misread your post. I read Scout 60 which is a smaller engine than the Scout.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.