VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
I like that!

I think I could have fun on one of those once my Visions need a break.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Like that the motor is updated along with the transmission.
Also like that they shaved off almost 100lbs!
Hopefully the front suspension system doesn't suck.

WW

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Still the one big negative is the ergos. The mid pegs and odd bar location is hard to get comfortable on if you’re over 6’.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Well Sheeit. That is just what Honda needed. Yamaha just got schooled, I think. Although there are many that will prefer the Yam heritage architecture. Me, I like this. If I was going to do another heavy, this would be impossible not to consider. Well done, Honda. Very well done.

@Rollin What do ya think, brother. You thinkin about it?

Reactions: Rollin

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
The dash in much cleaner than previous years.

Vehicle White Car Light Product

If I was in the market for a new bike I'd have to give the Wing and the Star a serious look.

Reactions: Jremeee

·
6,677 Posts
Yup. Glass cockpit. You knew it was coming. The new front suspension is really nice. I would like to ride it and see what it's like. They brought some game. I like this. Just a few years too late for me. And I am not trading my Vision for it. Can't do that...

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
It's about damn time!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Don't like the automatic transmission version... but you can get a regular 6 speed.

Bike looks good, with good electronics.
New motor with new transmission.. That's all good. Wish it had a bigger gas tank (5.5 gal).
Only has 30 liter saddle bags!

If you get the trunk version, that holds 50 liters. So with the trunk and saddles, 29 total gallons of storage for the new Honda GW.

The new Yamaha Venture with the trunk and saddles has 39 total gallons of storage (about 29% more than the new wing).

The Victory Cross Country with the trunk and saddles has 41 gallons of storage (about 35% more than the new wing).

Disappointed that Honda didnt go with bigger saddle bags and a larger gas tank.

WW

·
6,677 Posts
Funny thing about the DCT tranny. It's a lot like the SE5 tranny that the Spyder RSS had. That thing shifted like a Formula One car. And it never missed. Ever.. I think I would still take the 6 speed manual, but the DCT is no joke.

Reactions: crosscountryla

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I know the Goldwing is an awesome bike. It will last for years and it handles great. The engine is super smooth. There is so much to like about this big bike but I have never liked it. The reason being is the engine layout which moves the footrest into a sport touring position that my long legs just do not like. Now that I have gotten older it's even worse. You can install highway bars but even those on the wing are not the best. Even when I had the Valkyrie it was hard for me to settle into a relaxing seating position. My size 11 shoes were always under the heads which was nice in the winter but not so much in the summer. What can you say. They have stood the test of time. They are the standard that other touring bikes judged by. The new Goldwings are even more impressive.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's a good looking Bike. A lot of nice features. The auto trans is not for me.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Ok, I want to hate it.. but that's just friggin cool. I doubt I could ever ride one and enjoy it comfort-wise.. looks like they still have the peg position in the birthing position but all that other stuff? Geez.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I've never cared for the Gold Wing, but this actually got my attention. My next bike will most likely be a bagger/tourer and after riding a buddies 18 HD SG the other day, I know I won't be going that route. Indian Chieftain..... well just call me gun shy. I'm looking forward to giving the Yamaha and even this new Wing a test drive.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Well Sheeit. That is just what Honda needed. Yamaha just got schooled, I think. Although there are many that will prefer the Yam heritage architecture. Me, I like this. If I was going to do another heavy, this would be impossible not to consider. Well done, Honda. Very well done.

@Rollin What do ya think, brother. You thinkin about it?
I like it but I'm thinkin' my next bike will still be smaller and lighter.
My wife can't ride anymore and my long distance riding days are done.

I do like this - 2016 VFR1200X Overview - Honda Powersports

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like the base model bike. I am not into automatics on a motorcycle but I will test ride one to see how it feels. I think Honda did a great job. I usually do not buy the first year design so the bugs can be worked out. They are offering an optional extended 8 year warranty though. I am looking forward to a test ride.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.