VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After readinga number of posts, I'm starting to see that many of the current Victory Owners are questioning Victory's decision of adding the Blue Ice color to numerous bikes in the 2009 lineup.
While this color may not appeal to many of the diehards, I think I understand what Victory is doing and can appreciate their efforts. So, when you read posts of folks calling the Blue Ice color, Powder Blue or Fairy Blue, take a moment to understand what could be Victory's motivating factor for introducing this, possibly less than masculine, color.
Let's face it, the economy is keeping many current riders from buying new bikes. Hey, it's tough out there. The real estate market is in the toilet. gas prices are high, food prices are upand qualifying for a loan these days can be difficult. So what do manufacturers do to sell more products in this type of economy? They go after markets that others have ignored. And in my opinion that's exactly what Victory is doing with a few of the new models in the 2009 lineup.
Percentage-wise, one of the fastest growing segments in motorcycle sales today is the Female rider. Let's face it, for many years Women have been ignored by the bike manufacturers.While most of the bike manufacturers "talk the talk" about catering to Women riders, few if any actually "walk the walk."
After thoroughly reviewing the 2009 lineup, I have to take my hat off to Victory for actually doing something about getting more Women off the passenger seat and placing them in the rider's seat.Indulge me for a moment to go further into my theory:
Victory already has the Vegas Low with a lower seat height, pulled back bars and foot controls designed for smaller riders. They are now adding the Kingpin Low that has similar sizing characteristics to the line. If you stop and think about it, this addition makes perfect sense as it adds a lower height bike to the line that can be used around town or on the highway.
Combine this fact withthe already low seat height Vision model and deliver it in Blue Ice and all of a sudden you now have given Women riders multiple choices and a strong reason to consider the purchase of a Victory bike. Back when I was married, I learned that if I wanted to be happy, my wife had to be happy!
I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I prefer to ride solo than 2-up. Yes, when I have a date who enjoys riding on the passenger seat, so be it. My bike has enough power and torque to carry a passenger all day long. But when I ride 2-up, I typically hold back on the throttlea bit and don't enjoy the experience as much as I would riding solo. Again, everyone has their riding preferences and personally, I enjoy riding solo as it's less responsibility and simply stated, more fun.
A while back I dated a lady whoowned a mid-size Honda. While her bike wasn't ideal for long road trips, it was great for short jaunts and the back roads.We really had a blast riding around town.
So to me, personally I'm glad that Victory is going after more Women riders. Not only will it add to the fun, it will bring more people to the brand.In this economyI feel this was a very wise decisionby Victory's marketing staff and while time will tell if this was a smart business move, it appears to be a step in the right direction.
So, what's your thought on this subject. Do you think this is whytheKingpin Low and the Blue Ice color are now part of theVictory family? Do you think these changes will bring more Women into the showrooms?
Place your comments here and let's see whatyou think.Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Agree or disagree, it's all good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd have to see the bike in person, but from the photos, I'd have to say that Ice Blue would be my color of choice for the Vision. Some may deride the color as being "gay", but I've never had any secret doubts about my masculinity. Fortunately for those who are insecure in their sexual identities, Victory is offering other colors as well. But I'm reminded of a baby blue 1972 Cougar convertible I once owned. The women loved it. "Oh, what a pretty car!" Yeah, isn't it? Want to go for a ride?

·
Registered
35 Posts

*NOTE=RePost from VOG-Blog Comments*
Other than pink, (or possibly chartreuse)I have never been brainwashed into thinking of any color being feminine, or non-feminine. I like the blue. I saw one of them little BMW Z3 cars in an almost identical color, and by golly I didn't think of whether the car had some kind of sexually representative color to it!

I used to train people in the USMC and now in Radio andin Broadcasting, and have for years. One thing I notice with folks is that they all have opinions. Which car, which rifle, which pistol, which aircraft, which music, which microphone, etc. is the best. Many times someone who favors something will assign a negative thought to the things they do not care for as if those are inferior.

e.g. "I like Fords, so anyone who doesn't like them is stupid". etc.

Does this make sense? I think it cause more problems that way. Instead, just say "In my opinion..." and leave it at that!

I was at one time in my life a repair technician on the manufacture of the NorthropB-2 bomber.One of the adhesives we used on the graphite composites was this color before catalyzing. I used think that it would be a great color for painting a vehicle, and here it is!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.