VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I think the lifetime might be cheaper than it should be.
I've enjoyed his videos but not sure about locking everything behind a pay wall.
He took lot of his videos off YouTube some posted two years ago.
Now you pay to listen to his tidbits.

The "forum" will be heavily moderated but I don't see how he will have time to keep that under control.

• Informative
Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’d rather put that $200 towards taking my bike to him and letting him do the work than being able to watch his YouTube videos and messing it up trying to do it myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
An engine is an engine is an engine. Lots of people out there know as much or more about Vic's than Rylan. Just about every problem is already covered online if you dig for it. Get $200 worth of tools and do your own work.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
An engine is an engine is an engine. Lots of people out there know as much or more about Vic's than Rylan. Just about every problem is already covered online if you dig for it. Get $200 worth of tools and do your own work.
And an online video is an online video. Except when so many of them are nearly useless, incomplete and/or downright wrong. Look, I'm all for doing as much as you can yourself because I have yet to find technicians who care about my beautiful gloss pearl white Victory Cross Country Tour as much as I do.

IMHO, getting Victory information and guidance directly from the one I consider the best Victory motorcycle technician on the planet today, makes paying the entry fee an easy decision.

YMMV

• Agree
Reactions: Smokier104

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’ve learned a lot about my bike and saved quite a bit of money by reading the posts on here and talking to a few of you on the phone. I’m sure that has saved me hundreds of dollars and a lot of headaches in the short time I’ve been here. That said if tomorrow I get an email saying the Vog is going to start charging a fee for the Pro version or I have to call a 1-900 number and be charged by the minute for advice then I’ll find my information elsewhere. Rylan will still be getting my $200 and a lot more I’m sure but that will be when I hand him my key and let him to do his thing to make my bike as perfect as it can get.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That being said, I'm perfectly OK with letting someone like Rylan install my cams. I'll do it myself though, because he is too far away. At least someone experienced will be doing the job correctly. That I don't have a problem with. I understand his position, he has put info out there and people are using it to do their own work and he doesn't make a dime. But just about every conceivable problem has it's solution already online or on a forum and you can find it with a little work. 200 is a bit stiff and you may not easily find what you are looking for on his videos. To each his own

1 - 13 of 13 Posts