VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my state they require bikes to get inspected every year for safety and they give you a 2 1/2 inch X 4 inch inspection sticker to put on the left side of your bike towards the front end... older bikes usually put them on the left front fork or frame tube... nicer bikes usually have a bolt on chrome plate that people bolt to the fenders or floor board or brake calipers to put the sticker on.. I don't want to ugly the vision up too much though.. I have a chrome plate from my old ride... but want to know where a good place to put it would be.. keep it clean :)

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Mine are on the fork tube.
I guess you could bolt the plate by the brake caliber

·
Registered
409 Posts
When I was still in Nova Scotia we had to have it on the left side and they would put this sticker on the from fork tube.
Looked like crap so I fabed one for our bikes and it fits on the left side using the mounting bolts for the fender.

I made it so it curved with the fender and painted and cleared it to match the bike. .

Easy to clean and replace the sticker.

I'll post a pic later. Still have it on Mama's bike even now we are in Ont. and don't require it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
in PA you can use them plates for your sticker, but by LAW the plate is to be welded or rivited to the bike. so that you cant take the plate on and off and exchange it from bike to bike.. So places are getting strict with this.. i didnt know it was a law until i was turned down one time for getting my old bike inspected!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Ammo-

Let me know if this is what you're looking for, or if this will work. It's an L shaped aluminum piece that bolts on to the back of the license plate frame. This holds my State of Hawaii safety check sticker. I had to slightly modify it, but it does come pre-drilled with one hole. I had to drill a second hole due to where I needed to mount it on my Vision. PM me if you want me to pick one up for you. I can send it to you if you leave your info.

Aloha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.