VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,151 Posts
You are pressing and holding the mode button while on the main odometer reading?

That's what should take you to the clock. Press the mode button once to change the digit. Press for a short hold to move to the next until you're done at which time you press and hold again like you did to enter the clock.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Turn the key off (or make sure it is off before you start) I just turn my key to the aux mode or accessory bit, whatever you call it.... Now turn on the key (do not start the bike), cycle thru the options on the screen till the 24 starts flashing, hold the mode switch in for approx. one second or so and the 2 flashes, set this to whatever it should be, hold mode button in again the 4 starts flashing, tap the mode switch again till the desired number is there, repeat this for the minutes and then hold till it all goes steady again and turn the key off and back on again.... The clock will now be set for chrono time (zulu time, military time, whatever name you want to call it)..... I just call it 24 hour time....

·
Super Moderator
26,151 Posts
Turn the key off (or make sure it is off before you start) I just turn my key to the aux mode or accessory bit, whatever you call it.... Now turn on the key (do not start the bike), cycle thru the options on the screen till the 24 starts flashing, hold the mode switch in for approx. one second or so and the 2 flashes, set this to whatever it should be, hold mode button in again the 4 starts flashing, tap the mode switch again till the desired number is there, repeat this for the minutes and then hold till it all goes steady again and turn the key off and back on again.... The clock will now be set for chrono time (zulu time, military time, whatever name you want to call it)..... I just call it 24 hour time....
It should still work with the bike on. I've changed it while riding before.

·
Super Moderator
26,151 Posts
I tried my way with it running on the way to work and it worked fine. I didn't nor have I ever seen a way to change mine to a 24 hour clock. Is using Old Gramps method for all Vics or is that one of those special things about bikes over seas?

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I have never tried to set it whilst the motor is running..... Have never had a reason to do so.... And yes click through till the odemeter is displayed is a must as the first step, I guess I left that bit out....

As to the 24 hour clock it is in the rider's manual how to achieve this and I forget how I did it now and the manual is down in the shed....

·
Super Moderator
26,151 Posts
As to the 24 hour clock it is in the rider's manual how to achieve this and I forget how I did it now and the manual is down in the shed....
I'll try to remember and check mine when I get home. I just don't recall ever seeing it but would certainly love it as I use that on my watches.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Just found my XCT manual on a back up disk.... Apparently the 24 hour clock is assigned to the metric mode only, and that just does not make sense at all.... I like to use the twenty four hour as i have been using it since my teens.....

·
Super Moderator
26,151 Posts
Just found my XCT manual on a back up disk.... Apparently the 24 hour clock is assigned to the metric mode only, and that just does not make sense at all.... I like to use the twenty four hour as i have been using it since my teens.....
My book agrees.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.