VOG Forum banner

The difference between AutoTune and a professional Dyno Tune

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  captainbrent 
#1 ·
[attachment="33489:view"]Dyno Tuning.jpg[/attachment]

The numbers don't lie. I went from 96 hp to 108 hp and from 111 ft/lbs of torque to 116 ft/lbs of torque. They were also was able to extend the rev limits. Dyno tuning is the way to go. Thanks goes to Brian Livengood at Livengood Motor Sports in Lawrenceville, GA.

#2 ·

Hi UncleWeebo
I can't read the numbers what did you get ?

#3 ·

Auto tune is only as good as the person who sets it up.
Saw a bike make 79 horse w/AT and after a tune it made 117 horse. The problem was that the A/T wasn't set up right and the trims were never saved.
Then again, a dyno tune is only as good as the guy tuning it as well...

#4 ·

Half_Crazy said:
Auto tune is only as good as the person who sets it up.
Saw a bike make 79 horse w/AT and after a tune it made 117 horse. The problem was that the A/T wasn't set up right and the trims were never saved.
Then again, a dyno tune is only as good as the guy tuning it as well...
It also depends on how good the map is that you start with too. I have friend ( XC, PCV, timing wheel, Lloyds air filter,Nascar6 muflers)who gavehis really good running PCV map to a friend of his that has the Atuo tune and PCV on his XC. Before my friend gavethis map to him he had beenusing a couple of canned maps fromDynoJet and also maps from friends of his.With the much better map, and a couple of weeksof adjustingthe auto tune, the better map made his XC run a WHOLE LOT BETTER!

#5 ·

My local shop did the mods and I got a base map from KevinX (which I was grateful for) but it still wasn't running right even after several weeks of accepting trims. Brian (the tuner I took it too) is a true professional. He spent half a day tweaking my bike. It's so smooth now and the gains are incredible

I updated my post to unclude the numbers since you can't see it in the picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.