VOG Forum banner

The Current Trend of Indian Motorcycles

5367 51
While looking at the current lineup of the 2022 Indian Motorcycles I notice that most of the iconic looking Indian offerings are just about gone (no more Vintage). There are three remaining:The Springfield, Springfield Dark Horse and the Roadmaster. And with limited color options.

Some old names are carrying onto the newer models. But I wonder if the market is diving this change or is this a long term plan by PI to keep introducing more modern motorcycles.

I always thought that the overhead to keep three models with three different fairings would be cost prohibitive. I believe this is the last year for the Roadmaster.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Right there....Definitely appears that PI is pushing their newest models with more choices across a single offering.

@LEVON106 I think the TS (both 111 and 116) are toast in their current form. If those engines get updated (water cooled heads?) to meet CAFE standards, I can see the Springfield staying and the Chief remaining in its current form.

I always thought that it was expensive proposition for PI to continue to offer three different styled faring on their bikes. One has go....and I believe it is the Roadmaster.
I have been reading since last year about this time when the new Chief was coming out that Indian is going with variable valve timing on their 111/116 in order to meet tougher CAFE standards. I do not think they will ditch these engines soon, but what do I know?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The m

The market has changed drastically on used bikes you'll get more now a year later
Forget about trade in, just sell it yourself, then go get the base model. You might be surprised about what the used market is asking, it is high. Sell yours below what others are asking as long as you think the price is fair and you just might sell it quick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.