The cure for EV range anxiety | Page 8 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The cure for EV range anxiety

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by 1stVictory, Apr 2, 2021.

1. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Kingpin
    Back to a couple news bits on EV’s:
    Ford’s F-150 Lightning’s 300 mile estimated range was calculated based on tests with 1000 lbs of cargo in the bed. Actual range for an unladen truck could come in over 400 miles.

On patent applications for some of the new gadgets for that weird thing Tesla calls a truck, images of the “dash” display show available range of 610 miles. Is that a real image? I pretty much hate the truck, but the list of accessories being slowly leaked for it are pretty innovative, and cool. If it spurs competitors to offer ‘outside the box’ cool stuff for trucks that would be a good thing.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    I was over exaggerating a lil bit but it does happen, the ev’s are getting exciting, cool is cool & that’s just kewl

• Like Like x 1
  3. BP6666VR

BP6666VR Well-Known Member

VICTORY JACKPOT 2013 & Cross Country Tour 2014
    Just checked, many YouTube video on this subject

• Like Like x 1
  4. BP6666VR

A friend of mine told a story, in Australia the safety is getting so bad, one day a driver backup his 4x4 pickup and kept reversing until he should hear the "beep" or the tire stopper, and he just ran that car into the wall ....

So when i found this EV jaguar movie, it made me wonder, all these people bashing that it's a woman, or drunk, or old man, no no i read the discription and it was a 40 year old perfectly sain man ....

Soooooo is it all these self driving, self parking, parking assist [email protected] that make perfectly functioning people into numbnuts behind the "wheel" ?

Seems the self driving, self parking, self assistance, bla bla is getting the better of people

Now that's why my 80 year old parents just bought a manual car, lucky that still 50 % of all cars sold are still manual, but EV has no shifting, so it seems that the future looks DIMM on the subject of "safety" on the road ... Stuff like this will happen more often

• Like Like x 1
  5. BP6666VR

Efuel will be introduced in 2026 to keep all the "old" cars and motorcycle on the roads ..... It's a old concept but revived because EV will slowly take over 80% of our vehicles

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bikesofbrads

Doesn’t dirty camera lenses effect automation on those systems? Good vids bp, The more common tasks are replaced by technology the dumber we become, humans evolve quickly to our circumstances

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country
    Or DEvolve as the case may be.

The more AI does for us the less efficient and more dependent WE become.

We are already at a point where we know less information than a generation ago but we know where to find it ie. the internet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    so we are basically becoming the humans from the movie Wall-E? Hahaha!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Thread hijack but I absolutely do feel like devolution is happening before our eyes. Rome is burning, the empire done rose and is falling. I have a little twist on the “tech is making us stupider” theory though. I say the tech is just giving cover to the stupidest among us. In 1693 you may have believed that witches were real, but there was no YouTube video made to confirm your bias. Belief in witches quickly faded. In 1969 you may have believed the moon landing was faked, but media built to confirm your bias was primitive at best, all but the stupidest of the stupid quickly realized the landing was real. In 2020 it didn’t matter what whack job conspiracy one chooses to believe in: election fraud, science cover ups, Jewish space lasers intentionally setting California on fire. There are all kinds of web sites and videos created just to confirm your bias.
    Some nutbags have even tried to claim the video of the president driving an electric pickup truck is fake. The stupid can ignore all the facts in the world now, because there’s a YouTube video out there convincing them everything that is real is fake and that everything that is fake is real. That’s the kind of stupid that can’t be fixed, so down the tubes we go.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. BP6666VR

I like the concept, so your saying that if sensors and cameras get dirty the AI doesn't function anymore, and maybe the driver was trying to correct but didn't know how to switch it off or got confused, etc ...

Nice thinking dude ...

11. BP6666VR

Nice, my father who is in his eighties can calculate all in his head and we need a calculator ..... very valid point

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I've never had just dirt create an issue but mud on the sensor I have. Ice can also do it.

One thing I like about my truck is I'm in control. I don't have nanny systems watching over me and stepping in when they don't think I should do something. The only thing it has is a small backup camera and the rear sensors.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    Sounds like government over reach to me. But that's probably another thread, for another forum.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bikesofbrads

:p
    Pretty sure was the russianchinesemuslimsouthkoreanimmagrantsfrommexico.com people tryin divert attention
    I like that, a different perspective

Com’on everyone knows that was 2 cover up that aliens built bases in the middle duh. Damnit Bob, you & ur rational thinkin messin stuff up 4 the little people wrestling league, sometimes things just gotta happen a certain way to even out the ying yang or “butterfly effect” of great things humans are doing everyday like tech, engineering & space advances. Even Hitler, Mau, Stalin, culigula did something’s nice for someone’s sometimes. Crazy a$$ world & saying is true “ignorance is bliss”, it’s a curse being smart enough to know how stupid others can be, wish I were dumb enough to have a stupid grin cause dumbasses are usually smiling....usually inappropriately :campfire1::doh::nuts:

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  15. Bikesofbrads

It would at least effect it negatively, probably throw off computers eyes

• Agree Agree x 1