The 2017 Victory Octane is HERE! | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

The 2017 Victory Octane is HERE!

Discussion in 'TheVOG.net News' started by NickJ, Feb 19, 2016.

1. NickJ

NickJ Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Indian Scout
    [​IMG]

OCTANE
    “We wanted to bring the American motorcycle into the 21st century. Victory doesn’t have any long history or legacy —we are a new brand and we can go wherever we want to go. We want to be modern, and bold, and set our own trends.”
    — Mike Song, Victory Senior Industrial Designer

IGNITION
    “This is a real performance engine, with four-valve heads, overhead cams and a lot of torque. And the engine revs much higher, like a sportbike.” —Urs Erbacher

PROJECT 156
    “This bike is unapologetic. It’s not trying to be anything besides what it is—a strippedto-the-bone roadrace bike. You just go out and ride it.” —Roland Sands

COMBUSTION
    “It’s not like any other American V-twin I’ve ever heard. It sounds like a Pro Stock motorcycle. It sounds pissed off. It sounds mean.” —Zack Ness

[​IMG]

Power To Burn
    Liquid-cooled with 4-valve heads and dual-overhead cams, Octane’s 60-degree V-twin makes more horsepower than any Victory ever built—104 horsepower and 76 foot-pounds of tire-shredding torque. Geared for quick acceleration, Octane sprints down the quarter-mile in 12 seconds and rushes from 0-60 mph in under four seconds. With the heart of a Pikes Peak International Hill Climb racer, Octane has power to burn.

[​IMG]

Built to Thrill
    Raw power is only half of the musclebike equation. You also need a solid chassis that can transmit all that power to the pavement and hold a tight line when bent into a corner. Octane’s solid-mounted powertrain connects cast-aluminum front and rear frame sections, with twin tubular-steel backbones for added rigidity. Dual-rate springs at both ends deliver solid feedback over any type of pavement, and oversized, 298mm disc brakes are ready for those rare occasions when you want to shed speed instead.

[​IMG]

Looks to Kill
    Octane is the most aggressive Victory ever built, and the styling suits with harder lines, sharper form language, and other details that make Octane look leaner and meaner than any American motorcycle ever before. The bullet cowl is standard equipment and screams to oncoming traffic that this bike is built for speed—the only thing other riders are going to see is the LED taillight disappearing in the distance.

[​IMG]

Raw Adrenaline
    Forget everything you think you know about American V-twin motorcycles. Forget the conventional wisdom that says American motorcycles are all big, boring, and backwardslooking for design inspiration. Victory’s Octane delivers a new vision for American motorcycles, one that leverages all the latest technology and delivers a level of performance and excitement previously unknown to American V-twin motorcycle riders. This is the Modern American Musclebike.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NickJ

NickJ Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Indian Scout
    Accessories

[​IMG]
    STAGE 1 SLIP-ON MUFFLERS
    Give the quick-revving Octane that signature Pro Stock-racer soundtrack with Victory Stage 1 Slip-On Mufflers that produce a more muscular, throaty exhaust note that better represents Octane’s outstanding performance. Covered in a black Cerakote finish with smoked chrome tips, the Stage 1 Slip-Ons add custom style, too.

[​IMG]
    ADJUSTABLE PIGGYBACK SHOCKS
    Enhance Octane’s already excellent cornering ability with nitrogen-charged piggyback-reservoir shocks that deliver fade-free damping in even the most demanding riding conditions, and also offer 16 levels of compression-damping adjustment to soften or stiffen the rear suspension action to suit any rider’s weight or riding style.

[​IMG]
    TACHOMETER WITH SHIFT LIGHT
    The high-revving Octane V-twin continues to make strong horsepower beyond 8000 rpm. Harness that broad powerband with Victory’s accessory tachometer. The integrated shift light illuminates at the optimal shift points, making sure that you’re not leaving any horsepower on the table.

[​IMG]
    DRAG HANDLEBAR
    Stretch out for more speed with a super-low, drag-style handlebar that creates a more aggressive, forward-oriented riding position. This handlebar positions the hand grips and upper controls slightly farther forward than the stock bar, changing the ergonomics and creating a tough, custom look.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. 4Nines

4Nines Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Most of them
    I promise you this muscle bike performs as good as it looks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tree1979

tree1979 Well-Known Member

2007 Victory Kingpin
    VERY similar design as the Scout, as a lot of us expected. But there are some aesthetic differences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FFarl

FFarl Administrator Staff Member Moderator

2012 Triumph Bonneville
    That actually looks really good!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stilcrazee

stilcrazee Well-Known Member

'12 Black XR
    Tire shredding torque 76 and horsepower 104?? maybe if that statement is based on torque and horsepower to weight ratio..

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. bikendad

bikendad Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    I was excited for a second, then I checked the specs. 104hp at the crank is a FAIL, 160 rear tire is where's the beef, and no dual front discs along with no inverted fork. When it comes to Vics new "Performance" image this really looks like a Fail to me.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tree1979

tree1979 Well-Known Member

2007 Victory Kingpin
    I honestly was hoping for a street version of the 156 bike. This is nowhere near that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. ndabunka

ndabunka Well-Known Member

2011 Ness Cross Country
    OCTANE
    “We wanted to bring the American motorcycle into the 21st century. Victory doesn’t have any long history or legacy —we are a new brand and we can go wherever we want to go. We want to be modern, and bold, and set our own trends.”
    — Mike Song, Victory Senior Industrial Designer

Really? This is EXACTLY the SAME bike as the Scout. No ACTUAL difference other than some bolt on's and a matt black finish. Reminds me of a 1980's TV commercial ... WHERE'S THE BEEF?!?!?!?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. veraderock

veraderock Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Intruder
    That is one good looking bike!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. BBob

BBob Well-Known Member

11 XC, 04 KP
    I want one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. V-Pops

V-Pops New Member

2008 Victory Vision
    I think it's a great looking bike and Victory is moving the needle, but for a brand looking to boost its performance street cred, I think it's underwhelming. I expected 120+ HP, dual front discs, etc. Big bark, mild bite. Maybe a test ride will convince me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. zenwave

zenwave Active Member

'13 Vegas 8 Ball
    Pathetic. Corporations suck when they let bold ideas get focus-grouped into the same bland bullshit.... like the new Victory Scout.

Have to say I'm kinda concerned about Victory's future now. It's like Apple before Steve Jobs returned -
    churning out all those uninspired beige pizza box Performas ... while talented designers like Jonny Ive sat around being ignored by the suits.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. mjw930

mjw930 Well-Known Member

Octane
    You all seem to forget that the Octane was on Victory's drawing board long before they bought Indian. They only did the Scout first because Indian has such great marketing momentum right now.

Piss and moan all you want, this bike will sell at levels the traditional tube frame bikes NEVER reached. Predictions of Victory's demise are greatly exaggerated.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Shisno

Shisno Member

2013 Boardwalk
    Seriously?

Talk is cheap Victory. You say you want to focus on performance but this is what you turn out? A pathetic 104 HP at the crank at 8000 and a single disk brake up front.

And I see Victory is really utilizing that new paint facility. The Octane comes in pretty much whatever color you want as long as that color is boring gray.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1