VOG Forum banner

That God awful air cleaner

4753 20
Maybe I am the only one on the planet, but that air cleaner under the tank, and all the aftermarket "things" to fix it are just plain ugly. So.
Why hasn't someone made a kit to put the air intake on the side where Harley is? It would be darn simple. Lloyd'z has the parts but instead of moving it to the side he put it up front. Still looks like crap. I am going to make my own unless someone else has tried it and found it not to work. Anyone???
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23,468 Posts

Good luck with that. The throttle bodies point straight up, so there is no room for an air inlet out the side... the gas tank and frame are in the way.
Why do anything like Harley does it?
Get some of these ugly things and be happy...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well half crazy I will have to look into that. As I would say to my wife, they look good on you. LOL.

Cuddles, you are correct, ugly was a bad choice of words, unflattering would work better.

I haven't had the tank off yet, but will take a peek and the mess later.

Thanks to both of ya.

·
Registered
7 Posts
lol...at least theres a fix to eliminate black air box all together.....i absolutely hate the cheese wedge and havent been able to find something that looks like i made it myselfto replace it....i think im gonna rip both of them off all together and paint everything under the tankblack

·
Registered
46 Posts
There is always the S&S Intake set up which is hidden pretty well. I'm not going to say which is better as far as a performance upgrade (someone else will sure put in their $.02 I bet).

·
Registered
397 Posts

MtnRider said:
There is always the S&S Intake set up which is hidden pretty well. I'm not going to say which is better as far as a performance upgrade (someone else will sure put in their $.02 I bet).
Well, according to Lloyd...
"Torque Tube RUMORS:
NOW IN PRODUCTION!!!!!

By now most of you are probabley familur with our new TTi (Torque Tube intake). There's been some rumors about the claims made by us and our customers to the increases in performance and potential when this intake is installed. I'm here to say these are NOT rumors! This intake will produce more useable horsepower and torque across the board then ANY other open intake on the market BAR NONE! Increases in perfromance are sometimes equal to and even better in some cases then an internal motor upgrade. Some have said that the cost is alittle pricey, I say you cant afford not to have one. The TTi has been proven to add more cost effective power across the rpm range then 95% of the products we sell and it can be installed by most anyone (on second thought, some of you just shouldn't have tools in your hands).
The TTi has been designed and fabricated to maximize full curve potential all the way to 140hp where even the best bolt-on pipes start falling off in power. Whats this mean? Simple, if you have a motor producing under 140 hp this intake combined with just about any cam and exhaust profile (438 Andrews excluded) will produce the highest Torque and Horsepower level possible for a street performance build. This intake also makes short open pipes such as the high Quality Conquest Customs along with SlashNess, and Slash work even better. If your not into the huge increases in power this intake also allows easy serviceablity of filter cleaning without removing the tank and a killer look. "
I'm betting the performance on these is killer. I just hope someone finds a way to put these on an X Bike. Using the frame as part of the airbox sounds cool, but it ultimately limits your ability to build up, till someone comes up with a work-around.

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
PrometheusVII said:
Well, according to Lloyd...
Increases in perfromance are sometimes equal to and even better in some cases then an internal motor upgrade.
At3400 rpm, it gained 11 HP and 17 ft/lbs over the S&S airbox. If you look at the 'Dyno Tuning' page of Lloyd's Website there are plenty of graphs to look at. Here's mine. The only change was removing the S&S airbox and installing torque tubes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Question on the torque tubes. Do you need make any other changes if you change to these? Bike is an 05 Kingpin Stage 1. To get the improvements shown on Lloydz site do you need to have a fuel controller and dyno tuning?

·
Registered
23,468 Posts

Kingpin05 said:
Question on the torque tubes. Do you need make any other changes if you change to these? Bike is an 05 Kingpin Stage 1. To get the improvements shown on Lloydz site do you need to have a fuel controller and dyno tuning?
Of course. The cost of the TT intake INCLUDES tuning on a dyno... but you will need a fuel controller to tune it with.
If you're looking for 'easy' get the S&S airbox. It comes with a download card allowing you to install the correct download for your set-up. No controller needed. No dyno needed. Install the airbox and show up at the dealer for the download to be installed. Gain like a dozen HP for $300.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I would like to know if I can get this set up complete here in Alberta for my 09 pin . and where do I get it set up with the dyno and controller.
I thought I read that they haven't made them for above 07. Can any dyno tune shop set these up and remap ? From all I have read these babies are what Im looking for .
Second question Is the Victory 2 into 1 as effective as the bassani 2 into ones ?
I am also thinking of waiting till next year to pick up the 11 , model low pin with the 106 before I drop the funds into the air and such.
I know some will say what do you need that for my answer because I can . Or at least I think I can. There fore I will if possible.
Thanks you wise shaymen of this Vic world . I do like or local dealer but they are a bit resistant to mods.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I believe people are running the TT in 08 and up. Call Lloyd to verify though. You should be able to get them up in Alberta.

Any competent dyno guy should be able to tune the fuel controller. You would need to ask around to find someone good in your area. Another alternative would be to make the trip to one of the national events that Lloydz travels to. With the VFC you can tune it fairly well by feel. A regular shop though won't be able to remap your ECU, you will need to get that done by a Victory dealer. Another option would be to buy a rev extended ECU from Lloydz. It will come with his own tweaked base map and give you a 6400 rev limit. If you have a good PowerCommander dyno guy in your area that may be an option as well. You can tune the VFC by your butt dyno but the PC will require a dyno guy that knows what he is doing with PC's and Vics.

I've heard the new Vic 2>1 is a pretty good exhaust. I'm not sure how it stacks up against others, in particular the Bassani as you asked about. However I think it would be close enough that I doubt you would notice a difference.

If you wait to get the 106 next year you can do a BB and make it a 115/116 and really have a stump puller!

·
Registered
23,468 Posts

poptop said:
I would like to know if I can get this set up complete here in Alberta for my 09 pin .
As far as I know The torque tubes are only for 2007 and down...
Can you put the bike in a truck and drive to New York? That's what I did. It's 6 hours one way for me and I would have done3 times that.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Half_Crazy said:
poptop said:
I would like to know if I can get this set up complete here in Alberta for my 09 pin .
As far as I know The torque tubes are only for 2007 and down...
Can you put the bike in a truck and drive to New York? That's what I did. It's 6 hours one way for me and I would have done3 times that.
It's about 2400 miles one way, that's why he was wondering about having it done in Alberta and why I'm snooping around to find a good motobike mechanic around here as well.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Well the invite to drive down to NY is a nice one. I dearly wish I could pop by . There are a couple other things I would probly have to ask the guru if I did get there.
All you folks that gave me some info , THANKS!! I do appreciate this . I am stumbling along here in our rural area where there are many many combine repair shops and tractor repairs shops but few higher end bike shops . There are some good mecs Im sure , I just hope I can find one .
Probly at my age most would say settle down old man! Well that just aint me .
I don't ride like a lunatic but I most deffinetly love the feeling of those ponies rumbling between my legs as I twist the grip on occassion and let the ***** fly.
I have road all my life and the rush of the burst of power on these things is special even for this old fart.
So I guess after all that drival what Im really saying is I really do appreciate all your coments and help. I'm kinda settled now on the 106 with when there up and running if possible the TT mod if there not ready when I get the 106 then I'll settle for the SS. Just a note here those babies here are 500 bucks at the dealer and thats not installed.
Thats at least 200 bucks more than the prices ive seen here . Now aint that a rip!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.