VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made a modification to my 2014 CC. Can you identify the change . Exclude the few additions I've made. Think stock bike. What do you see that's different ?
Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike. Well done considering the photo wasn't very clear. After a recent 4000 mile trip, I decided to change the cruise and stereo controls to make things easier. I don't use my stereo ( Music on my phone bluetoothed to headset ) so it only made sense. I think H-D changed their cruise controls to the left side in 2014 . IMO this is how it should have been all along.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Glad you found what works best for you. Personally, I like my audio and cruise controls in the stock location. Unlike the OP, I'm messing with the audio controls far more than the cruise. Leaving things stock ensures I'm not "tweaking" my speed while advancing to the next song/station or manipulating the volume. Also, I like the idea of all throttle related actions being on the throttle side of the bike.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone thinking of reversing stereo/cruise controls, it shouldn't take more than an hour to complete. It involves removing the headlight and fairing front to access a connector for each control. The cables are just long enough to make the swap.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Looks like you switched it to AC power, see the plug hidden on the left in front of the bike? Question: How far can you get before the plug pulls out of the socket and you have to find a closer one?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Same as mine, I think it's standard on the XC. I haven't quite gotten it up there, but I made it to 121 a couple times then the damn goobernator kicks in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.