VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot of questions on here about removing the throttle body on a steel frame bike. I have seen lower the motor, cut the box out and etc. The service manual states that you disassemble and move it out the right side. That can be done but I have found a better way to do it.

I had to replace a cracked intake boot. I removed it from the right side as the manual states and it was very hard to do and scratched my airbox in the process. I could not put back in there that way.

What I did was go from the back side to put back in. I also removed it to make sure it could be took out that way as well. Make sure your fuel rail is assembled first before reinstalling, matter of fact, you shouldn’t have to disassemble the fuel rail at all this way. It slides in and out from the back really easy. All you have to do is pull back your wiring harness out of the way.

I’m sure someone has figured this out already but I haven’t seen it on here so I thought I would share this hack.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, it’s already been done. Basically, looking at the rear of the throttle body where the cables hook up, that void behind there in the frame, bend all of your wiring out of the way, lift up your air box off the throttle body and pull the throttle body rearward to pull out and reverse to reassemble. You will have to detach your cables obviously. You will have to detach the oil lines that mount to the engine on the right side to detach the throttle body but you can work around the fuel rail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.