VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a taller rider with a long 36" inseam. Are there any taller riders here on the Kingpin? Can you tell me if I can find the legroom I need to get comfortable on this bike? Legroom is a challenge for me on most motorcycles so wondering what your experiences were with this bike. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
I am a taller rider with a long 36" inseam. Are there any taller riders here on the Kingpin? Can you tell me if I can find the legroom I need to get comfortable on this bike? Legroom is a challenge for me on most motorcycles so wondering what your experiences were with this bike. Thanks!
I just picked up another bike with a bunch of parts. There's supposed to be a set of 4" extension brackets in the pile . PM me if you don't hear from me. It may not be till next weekend before I can get my hands on them.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
welcome to the forum, first of all... I have a Kp with stock pegs, I am 6'4" and have no issue :)
Agreed, i am 6'4" also and my jackpot fits percect with the 4" extentions if you have a backrest then you can get the 5" extensions ... But maybe they dont make them any more ... So i understand the Kingpin is the same as any steel frame bike, perfect for tall riders modification

And in between the 4" extensions there is a good place to put some BIG WoLo horn, or like me, 2 WoLo horn ... Ha ha

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Any particular years to look for with the KP? Any things I should look for when looking at these bikes? Thanks again for the feedback.
The board and bars will be farther away from the rider on 2010 and older models .2011 & up are set up in the " low "configuration that was introduced in 08.

The early 8 Balls had 5sp instead of the 6sp trans.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
6'-5" with a 36"/38" inseam (kind of in between). I love my KP. The 06-07 engines are damn near bullet proof. The 08-newer are easier to mod, but they have lower compression and don't make as much power with the same mods. I have Lindy highway bars, and can stretch out on longer rides. I have been told, though, that I make the KP look like a scooter. Honestly, I made the Vision look smaller too.

LINBAR- 702-1: For Victory Vegas & Kingpin

Reactions: MalcolmReynolds

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
6’3” here with a 35” inseam. I have a 2011 and the leg room on it is great as is from the factory. The problem I have is the reach to the bars. I found myself reaching forward and down to the bars and within ten min I’d have a pinch or a burn between my shoulders. So I added a set of 5” risers and fixed that. I prefer the floorboards over pegs for comfort. On long rides I can shift my feet from stretched out with my heels on the front of the boards to feet tucked in with my toes on the back of the boards (mid peg type position) to my foot flat on the board. Lots of options. Seems there’s no really comfortable steel frame bike for me right out of the box I’d HAVE to do something to fix hot spots ergonomically speaking but they’re still way better than most anything else other than a XC or Vision. Here’s a pic of me on my KP. I think I still look too big but I’m comfy lol...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
2008/2009 were the only years that the compression was lowered. In 2010 it was back to normal. 06/07 were probably the best years over all for the Victory line, not just the KP but the KP was the best bike they built, so.... Any of the years are great tho. I had a 2009 8 ball previously and I think I actually preferred that over my 2011. It seemed to shift more securely and it actually felt more powerful. But I’m thinking it’s due to the crappy exhaust my bike has on it now. If I keep this one all summer I’ll slowly improve the intake and exhaust and start the conversion into a bagger. Time will tell.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
2008/2009 were the only years that the compression was lowered. In 2010 it was back to normal. 06/07 were probably the best years over all for the Victory line, not just the KP but the KP was the best bike they built, so.... Any of the years are great tho. I had a 2009 8 ball previously and I think I actually preferred that over my 2011. It seemed to shift more securely and it actually felt more powerful. But I'm thinking it's due to the crappy exhaust my bike has on it now. If I keep this one all summer I'll slowly improve the intake and exhaust and start the conversion into a bagger. Time will tell.
You are mostly correct on the compression ratio increasing again in 2010. In 2007 the compression ratio was 9.8:1. In 2008-2009 it dropped to 8.7:1 on the 100" bikes (Vision had a 106, and not 100% sure of the compression ratio on that set up, but probably matched the 2010 106" specs). In 2010 the compression ratio increased to 9.4:1, but at that point it was 106" motors across the board. That is a lower ratio on a bigger volume.

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
Are you happy with it ?.... Is there any buffeting with it, and how is it mounted ?
...I am happy with it, it provides great coverage and minimal buffeting... it mounts on the fork tubes with 2 clamps (2 half pcs that make a pipe with tabs if you can get visual) : but be informed that the stock speedo is an inch too tall to fit as is so you have to modify the bracket (or another solution) to get it to sit correctly (there are some threads on here about it, I know from participating).

...I took a rock at the windshield line meeting a truck hauling equipment :( and cracked it; so now I have to repair it and it is made from ABS plastic (not terribly resilient).

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I 'fit' better on my lightly modified KP than I do on my stock XC if that tells you anything. I do have a set of Ness fly bars and 2" extensions on my floorboards.. and I have a stock set of roll bars w/ some highway pets set up so that I can kinda just lay my feet out over the end of the boards onto the pegs. I call it my easy chair. :) That and a easy on/off backrest and I can sit there all DAY. I'm only 6'2" and a 34" inseam.. but I'm mostly waist up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I made some extensions that moved my boards forward about 4 inches and angled the front tip up a little. ( total 20 minutes to make and they are rock solid.
Switched out the stock boards for some longer boards, installed 12 inch apes angled back towards me a little and a solo seat that sits me farther back than the mustang or others.

I think you would find this setup extremely comfortable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.