VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
time to replace the old gear, I'm having a tough time finding tall sizing in a rain suit. Every one wants me to buy a 3XL....not good.
I've Googled this one to death.
Any one know of motorcycle rain gear available in tall sizing?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I had the same problem. I ended up getting Milwakee rain gear in a 2 piece. I prefer the 2 piece in that I have such a long back I would be singing in a high octive with a one piece.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Tall or wide good gear that fits is a biotch to find.

I would go 2 piece. My gear is multi functional. Olympia mesh pants that work great in warm and cold with fleece sweat pants or jeans. They also have a thinsolate liner that is very water proof. I wear $10 Kmart leggings or fleece sweats under them. I have yet to get wet with them.

I do have a TourMaster Rain Jacket I can wear over if needed. I try to keep my riding gear to one set with adjustable add ons or off. My Gerbing is happening. I can get by with a good turtle neck and balaclava my mesh jacket & leather vest & the Tout master rain coat, with the gerbing.

If on tour, you want to bring the least amount of "outfits" so they need to be multi functional for ALL conditions HOT, COLD, WET etc.

Layering is the hot ticket!

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Candu, I went to Mark's Workwarehouse, they cary a brand called Viking, I usetheir Tempest II style,a two piece system, the tops come in multi colors colours sizes xxx large. The pants have zipsup 3/4the sides and 1/4 down on each leg. I've had no heat issues with the pants on the exhausts, size wise the jacket 2XX two fit over my leather jacket and pants the same 2XX. The seams are all sealed, we used them as storm suites up in Alaska.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I have now is a 6 yr old HD two piece suit that has served me well. The one leg zipper is pulling away from the fabric. I've always disliked the short arms, the legs I get away with by mimicking some Rapper with his pants halfway down his arse.

Surely with all the tall sized motorcycle clothing that is available, someone makes a tall sized rainsuit.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I just dug my rain suit out. I'm riding for 4 1/2 hrs. tomorrow in a storm to Laughlin, Nv.
I use a 2 piece yachting suit. Bib overalls w/ a jacket. It's lined & warm. Most importantly - it is DRY!!!!!

If you look at boating sites - you can find them.

Also, construction rain gear is built heavier duty. Look @ Carhartt's stuff. It's built for rugged use. About $40.00

http://workingperson.com

·
Registered
189 Posts

I too went the Marks Workwarehouse route. Excellent product and reasonably priced.
The brand I got was GSK11 a two piece set and they are great.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I suggest checking http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ first. Many times they have odd size stuff that dealers can't sell and you get a good deal. Worth a try.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the tips, after much research I have concluded there is no such thing as motorcycle specific TALL rain gear

Was at Tomboys on Saturday and picked up a Tour Master 2 piece suit in 4XL sizing for $100.00.

Just call me Balloon Boy!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I tried Frogg Toggs-inexpensive, but didnt last. I got a nice rain suit from Cabela's. They weren't cheap, but they have lasted really well. Good fit, but the legs are still a little short. I put on a set of gators on the bottom of the pants and they have worked great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.