VOG Forum banner

Taking my first steps

2484 15
Hello everyone! This is my first post and I wanted to share my excitement as I am getting ready to fly to South Dakota to pick up my first Victory Vision and ride it home to Fort Worth, Texas.

I recently retired after 20+ years as a firefighter and to honor a promise to my wife when we married to move closer to her family and friends, relocated to the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

This purchase represents a retirement/50th birthday gift to myself. After over 27,000 emergency calls and 50 years of life, I think deserve it.

I had a Ninja 600 back in 86 for a year but sold it before moving to Louisiana. If you know anything about driving stats there you'd understand. I hope I haven'toffended anyone by that statement but the numbers don't lie. I still love you Louisiana!

I am so excited about this trip that I am nervous or I should say that I am just really pumped up. I've done an enormous amount of research on this bike after seeing it for the first time maybe 1.5 months ago.

It was about 2am when I stopped at a light and looked over to see the most unusual bike I had ever seen. It was SO COOL! I found myself staring so I rolled my window down and asked the couple "what is that thing!" We ended up talking there at that light for about 15 minutes all the long with cheesy grins on our faces as they just went on and on about their fantastic bike. I hope they weren't in a hurry! It was then that I knew that I had to have one for myself.

I picked up a 2008 Vision Tour Premium. I'll head west into Wyoming and turn south through Colorado, New mexico and then east into Texas. The views should be fantastic and I'll be serenaded by the sound of that V twin and tunes from ipod. WHEW! I can't wait!!!!!

I would appreciate any advice from you guys that will make my ride a save and wonderful experience. Thanks for listening.

Darryn
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts

Hi Darryn,
How exciting! Sounds like you had a great experience!
"It was pure joy. I actually haven't had this much fun in years. I wish I had about a week or two.There were several places that I just wanted to stop or roads that I wanted to turn on and explore."
What part of "Retirement" don't you understand? LOL
Lots of luck and happy trails to you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.