7,239 Posts
Nessie044 said:
Welcome to the family, brother. Justthree pieces of advice:
+1 with Loch-Nessie, except my 3 pieces of advice are:
1. Gas it up
2 Ride it empty
3. Repeat!
Psych,,,,
,,,doesn't this bike make you remember those first couple years of riding when you were a kid??? with cops chasing you all over Baltimore? cuz no short 13yo should be riding a CB650 on the sidewalk???,,,oh never mind that was me,,,
The feel of this ride does make boys out of men though doesn't it?
KG

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
SofaKingBlue said:
keithgrey said:
Nessie044 said:
Psych,,,,
,,,doesn't this bike make you remember those first couple years of riding when you were a kid??? with cops chasing you all over Baltimore? cuz no short 13yo should be riding a CB650 on the sidewalk???,,,oh never mind that was me,,,
The feel of this ride does make boys out of men though doesn't it?
KG
LMFAO! I remember those days, getting chased by the cops while riding a Honda 70 on the sidewalk and street. They finally threated to impound the scoot.
Now - life is good.
Sorry for the HiJack Mr. Musketeer but,,,,,,
Ahh, those were the days!!!!!! Getting the clubMechanic drunk on Richards, so I could sneak out somebody's Triumph (without the seat) and run it empty while riding with no lights sitting on my Jacket in December!!
A string and clothes pin for a Drum Brake cable on a "God Knows what it is POS"!!!
Gophering around the REAL bikers at 14yo so they would let me take their bikes to the gas station for fuel and air in their leaky tires, so they didn't have to come out of the Garage during daylight when the cops could see them!!
My wife had no idea why I bought the new bike instead of putting up a garage first!!
Commitment!!, thats whatseperates the Rider from folks who just Drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.