VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I was riding to work last Friday morning 5 am, It was dark, i'm in the outside lane, there is only 1 other vehicle on the road, a 10 seater mini bus parked on the side of the road near a convience store.As i approach i see the blinker come on, no probs there is a lane between us and he is indicating to enter that lane. He moves out slowly as i approach, i instinctly back of the throttle and get ready to brake,just in case. In a split second he is in front of me,right across the 2 lanes, he's done a u-turn. In the next few seconds lots went through my head. Where to go, try and turn,this is gona hurt. put the bike down, the medium strip, no room, loved ones, this is gonna hurt again. Time stood still for a while as everything was in slow motion.
Yep **** happens, so lets all take a step back and remember what we all love to do is dangerous. Not so much what we do, but other people that can be negligent in there actions.
Sorry for the short story guys, but we're all one big family, so stay safe :)

Injuries: cracked ribs, stuffed knee, cuts and abrasions, Yep very lucky boy.

· Registered
3,040 Posts
million dollar question did the driver doing the u-turn stop and help after the accident?

· Registered
4,468 Posts
Sorry man, heal up. Scary!!

· Registered
6,725 Posts

You are right we are all one big family, when you hear or read a story like this it hits a nerve or drives home the though just how dangerous it is out there. Take time to heal and clear your head, you will be on the road again.
Ride Safe & Enjoy: OT

· Registered
1,118 Posts
These kind of stories always hit home. I am sorry about the accident. Godspeed!

· Registered
395 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, hope you are recovering with minimum pain. I have been told to ride like everybody is out to get you, or just be on the ultra defensive. Sounds like you were and even took preliminary defensive measures, but a driver without care or concern was unavoidable. Best of luck to you.

· Registered
1,244 Posts
Glad you are relatively OK. Heal up fast and get that bike back out on the road.

Hope the nimrod stopped and is going to be responsible.

As you said, you can never be too careful out there.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your thoughts guys,
The other guy did stop and was very apologetic, and he was charged with negligent driving. The bike didnt fair do badly , blinker, mirrors, brakes, pegs, grips, etc. No tank or panel damage so pretty happy about that :). Thanks again for all your thoughts and ride safe,
Shrek

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.