VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious, has anyone traded their Vision for another Vision of a newer year?
After looking at the Blue/Sandstone Vision im really liking it.
I was wondering what i might get in trade for my 08 tour Premium with the bells and whistles it has for the new 10 Vision BL/S ?
Any ideas ? thought? comments?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Unless you want a feature on a 2010 that cannot be retrofitted to an 08 (ABS or Reverse), you'll probably save a lot of money by just painting your 08 to whatever color you want.

Call your dealer and ask what your bike is worth on a trade on a new model. But to get the discounts and rebates, you'll probably have to act very quickly, like today.

If I'm correct (I'm new here) don't you live in a cold weather area? If so, wouldn't this make for a good winter project?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
NorCal said:
Unless you want a feature on a 2010 that cannot be retrofitted to an 08 (ABS or Reverse), you'll probably save a lot of money by just painting your 08 to whatever color you want.

Call your dealer and ask what your bike is worth on a trade on a new model. But to get the discounts and rebates, you'll probably have to act very quickly, like today.

If I'm correct (I'm new here) don't you live in a cold weather area? If so, wouldn't this make for a good winter project?
or at least a chance to run the post count up a bit? (j/k)

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL Jim
Nor, yes i have contemplated the painting thing and yes it would be cheaper for me, Like FREE because i do it myself as well as have the facilities to do it.
This is more just a thought to find out what people might have gotten on their trades.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I don't think there has been many Visions that were traded. Rest assured, you wouldtake it in the back end. Wholesale is kind of what they will give you. Better off selling yourself and buying the new one.Better yet, paint it yourself!

·
Registered
189 Posts

I spoke to my local dealer (250kms one way) and he said to sell private because they would offer me about $4000 (albeit canadian dollars) less than what I could get in a private sale. My 08 was 22600 tax in when I purchased it and with 16000 kms they offered me 16900 on trade. The 2010 listing at 25900 loaded tax in. So this year the 08 may just get some bits and pieces added and away we go. I just thought that white was nice, apperantly midnight cherry is growing on me again. LOL

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know for sure i would get more selling on my own and i really doubt that i will sell. I was really just putting a feeler out there for thoughts on it and like i said, if anyone actually had done it. Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
bubba said:
I don't think there has been many Visions that were traded. Rest assured, you wouldtake it in the back end. Wholesale is kind of what they will give you. Better off selling yourself and buying the new one.Better yet, paint it yourself!
It's a Festivus Miracle! Yes, Bubba and I agree on this topic!

If you trade, you'll most likely be taking a bath on the price. You'll be much better off selling it yourself. But, finding a buyer in your area at this time of the year probably won't be the easiest task.

But you'll never know unless you ask, so give Randy's a call and let us know what advice they give to you. Maybe they will let you put it on the floor of their new showroom and place it on consignment. As long as they understand you'll be getting a 2010 Vision, possibly they'll allow you to use their floor space to find a buyer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Im just curious, has anyone traded their Vision for another Vision of a newer year?
After looking at the Blue/Sandstone Vision im really liking it.
I was wondering what i might get in trade for my 08 tour Premium with the bells and whistles it has for the new 10 Vision BL/S ?
Any ideas ? thought? comments?
Kelly Blue Book is $12900 not taking into account mileage or add-ons, however, I paid $14k for mine last April with only 2k miles on it. I dont think you would even get $10K for it now....

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it was pretty much a fleeting dream. See what happens when you see something you like? You try and see what you can do to make it happen , Damn come to think of it, i think thats why im married !

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i'd love for my Cross to be the new blue or even the cadillac pearl white but for the time and expense it'll be staying black for the near future.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

Dean,
I'm thinking your bike on the open market (e-bay or Craigslist) would pull in around $13-14K tops. As you know unfortunately add-ons don't get a lot of credit on the open market. Randy wouldmaybe give yousomething closebut he wouldn't be moving on the list price at all so you'd be staring at about $8-9K out of pocket.
.....you can get a killer paint job for 1/3 of that.....even if you paid full retail and had someone do all the work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Clubford00,

I did in fact look into doing exactly what you are talking about with my SSG '08 for a Blue/Sandstone '10 model. My dealer was offering me almost $9,000 for my '08 and I was gonna need to come up with another $11,000 to $12,000 or so. I love the look and would love the ABS / Reverse option but I actually own my '08 out-right and love my bike. The options are nice but I aint going into that much debt again.

·
Registered
870 Posts

A harley dealer told me that harley's hold their value and I would loose my shirt if I chose to get out of a victory or a japanese tourer. Could be a fair comment.
As for always wanting the latest, soon we will be drooling over 2011 bikes. I have not laid eyes on a 2010 yet. I have a 1961 Ford Falcon converted to a 2 door to cover my nostalgic drooling. Are we ever satisfied
Nope.
What would we like in our dream bike? I thought about the keyless ignition,ABS, reverse drivers backrest, GPS whereas nearly 100 years ago we would have been dreaming of electric starter motors for cars.
I woud love a V8, power disc brakes, rack & pinion steering in the old falcon, but then it would loose some of its nostalgic appeal.
We are happy but never satisfied. Designers love it that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I saved the factory parts from my Kawasaki and put them back on when I traded for the Vision. Then I soldthe accessoriesfor 50 to 70 cents on the dollar by using a Kawasaki forum. This helped a little with the loss, and by selling them through the forum, they all sold in a couple of days. The other thing that I liked about this, is since these were forum riders, I could trust them with checks and not have to go through PayPal or use money orders.
On another note, my dealer is only asking $500 more for my Kawasaki than what he gave me on trade, and it's still sitting thereseveral months later. Business is slow everywhere. Hindsight says that I was better off trading like I did.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
advntrus said:
Clubford00 said:
Yeah it was pretty much a fleeting dream. See what happens when you see something you like? You try and see what you can do to make it happen , Damn come to think of it, i think thats why im married !
I did the trading in Wives thing too. It was expensive, but I still feel I got the better of the deal. Felt sorry for the bastard that bought my trade though. I'm sure by now, he WISHES that he'd taken it on the back end!
Shawn
Did she do that?? sorry it was right there i had to.!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I threw the idea at my dealer here in Alberta and he said that he would do it I forced the matter. He said that he would have to low ball me on the trade in as it only has 16000 kms (10000 miles) on it, thatwould be hard to finance for someone. Besides he sells out on Visions every year (both of them) so far. He thinks that I could get 3500 to 4000 more by selling myself and buying cash from him. Im totally happy with my 08 but I fell in love with the white and chrome when I saw it live. Maybe I just need to tinker more and make mine more mine, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Tading a Vision for a Vsion ?
[TBODY] [TR] [/TR][/TBODY]

I have never "taded" a bike.... and WTF is a Vsion??? LOLOLOL

Sounds like a good winter project to me. Unless you can find someone to trade ya stragiht across sounds spensive!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.