VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently installed the Victory analog tack on my Kingpin. Saw something very weird when riding though. At speeds above 45 or 50, or in windy conditions the tach would surge all over. So I though maybe I didn't get the connector tight. Checked it and it was fine. So I decided to check the connections inside the tach. Guess what, one of the wires on my brand new tach was loose. It came from the MANUFACTURER like that! (Made in Japan) So I tightened it up and we will see if that solves the problem.
I'm glad the rest of the bike wasn't made in Japan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed the tach on my '08 vegas low and didn't have a problem at all. Let us know if you're still having problems with the connection.

I used to work for a company that made the auto dimming rearview mirrors for cars, and we used to get returns from the field and most of them were intermittent problems with the circuit board that tested fine but screwed up after they were installed. Those are the worst problems to catch.

I'm also not saying anything bad about japanese manufacturers. We sold mirrors to Toyota and Honda and they were some of the strictest customers I've seen in my life. We had to hire a full time inspector that was trained by toyota to look at each circuit board through a magnifier and make sure every connection was perfect. It was insane.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Be glad the tach was made in Japan, there are allot of other countries with worse quality control... Actually most countries have worse quality control then Japan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well it seems as though the problem is fixed. Rode behind a tanker in all the windblast and did not see anything wrong. I won't get to ride tonight though since the weatherman is calling for rain and snow showers.
Bummer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.